FTL Remastered

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
R4V3-0N

Re: FTL Remastered

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:20 pm

Damn, I thought a Remastered Kestrel will look something like the old idea, oh well.

the one you did is still nice and fits with the vanilla kestrel. just better looks.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Phlakes

Postby Phlakes » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:19 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:snip

That's actually really interesting, I wish I could bump up the resolution without messing with code. Maybe that's something to explore once I finish all the vanilla stuff.

Also, new things.

Still need to do gibs and the other two forms, of course.
ImageImage
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:27 pm

damn... the boss looks scarier now.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:41 am

Since the boss' hull model is only used for, well, the boss, you can take the liberties you want when it comes to adding details to each weapon's zone, like personalizing them and adding details related to the weapon (mroe munnition for the missile launcher, some coils for the ion, etc).
Tweevle

Postby Tweevle » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:00 pm

I hope you don't mind, but I really loved what you did with this, so I had a go at seeing if I could emulate the style for some of the other ships:

Fed Scout

Fed Bomber

Type B Kestrel (It's a bit bright now that I look at it - it doesn't have the cool bronze effect you've got on the flagship. I'll probably give it another try.)

Feel free to use them if they're good enough and you want to save yourself some time. Either way it's been a fun learning experience for me as I haven't done much pixel art before.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:14 pm

Oh good lord, those look really cool actually. I'm still not sure about what to think of the method of shading brighter sections of the hull with a two-colour mesh shade, you know, like:

OXOX
XOXO
OXOX
XOXO

It looks a little weird on the Red-Tail model, I will put that out there as an opinion.
Tweevle

Postby Tweevle » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:39 pm

slowriderxcorps wrote:Oh good lord, those look really cool actually. I'm still not sure about what to think of the method of shading brighter sections of the hull with a two-colour mesh shade, you know, like:

OXOX
XOXO
OXOX
XOXO

It looks a little weird on the Red-Tail model, I will put that out there as an opinion.

Yeah, I wasn't too sure about it. It was the first one I did, so I was still figuring out how to do things; it needs a bit of work.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:12 am

It works well on the Fed Bomber though. :)
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
splette

Postby splette » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:02 am

Oh wow, great job!

I was afraid you might have abandondend this mod, so I am glad to see you are back.

This might be my favourite mod of all, since the original graphics has always been bothering me somewhat.

Thanks for all the work.
Kartoffelr

Postby Kartoffelr » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:56 am

This indeed looks great.
Please try to get/keep this mod compatible with FTL Captain's Edition, since many people are using this.