[SHIP] Federation Destroyer (UPDATED)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
dalolorn

Re: [SHIP] Federation Destroyer

Postby dalolorn » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:51 am

Starfire wrote:I looked at that image and found some imperfections, so I fixed them
Enjoy!

Yeah, this one's much closer to the original graphics style. The images in the OP seemed... blurred.
Starfire

Postby Starfire » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:23 pm

dalolorn wrote:
Starfire wrote:I looked at that image and found some imperfections, so I fixed them
Enjoy!

Yeah, this one's much closer to the original graphics style. The images in the OP seemed... blurred.

Oh did you think that I did this? Sorry this guy did the recolouring I just found some imperfections in his image.

slowriderxcorps wrote:I took a good look at this thing, and I figured I could maybe lend a hand with getting the look of the ship up to some kind of par, since I've dealt with this before when making both my Capital Cruiser mod, and a Rebel freighter that I could never decide on what I wanted to do with it.

Assuming the link works, this is what I managed to come up with, including a seaparate set with standard Rebel colours for if you want to create a Type-B.
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:15 pm

I see.
Euxcine

Re: [SHIP] Federation Destroyer (UPDATED)

Postby Euxcine » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:16 pm

I have been playing with this ship today and I have really, really enjoyed it. The graphics are great and the layout is very nice. You have added some nice little touches in the engine room and the weapons room too, which is bonus brownie points for you! ;)

The only two little things that didn't work too well for me were: 1) on two occasions, boarding enemies arrived on the ship and each time one of them started walking through walls, out into space (disappearing) and then reappearing, only to permanently disappear (Not sure if that's something you could fix or not. If I remember correctly, it was in the back rooms of the ship, but I sadly can't be much more precise than that :/) and 2) the front rooms are sticking out from the ship hull (but it's not very noticeable once you're playing, so it's not a very big deal).

Anyway, here's what the ship looks like now (with paired weapons too :D):

Just about into sector 8!

Anyway, thanks for the blast that you have provided me with and I hope to find more of your ships soon!

Cheers,

Euxcine

EDIT: Aaaaaaand won. Great stuff, thanks again!
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:53 pm

I was also getting a weird bug with disappearing boarders... anyone else having issues? I honestly LOVE this ship. I might tweak the weapons and systems a bit but other than that its amazing. I wish someone would help me learn Superluminal a bit better. I can edit and make changes but cant make my own gibs and images so i have to use whats available.
Fangz

Postby Fangz » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:02 am

Nice ship! Thanks for making it available.

One note though. The drone control doesn't seem to be working in this ship (I played with the type A). I bought it from the store, you can see that it takes a 2x1 room, but it just doesn't work. I had a def. drone I and a sys repair drone but the drone control slot in the equipment tab is not there.
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:51 am

Fangz pm me and il will send you a fixed version until the original post is updated.
StromblaaD

Postby StromblaaD » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:48 pm

ScubaSteve3465 wrote:Fangz pm me and il will send you a fixed version until the original post is updated.

It's sorted now, and I've made some minor changes to images and stuff. I wish I'd heard of this sooner :oops:
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:04 pm

Thanks for the quick update. Fantastic work on the ship. Im still trying to learn how to do the gibs/break apart images and the shield. Once i get that stuff down, hopefully i can release my ship ive been working on. I cant find any good tutorials for superluminal though, concerning gibs and shields.
StromblaaD

Postby StromblaaD » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:23 am

ScubaSteve3465 wrote:Thanks for the quick update. Fantastic work on the ship. Im still trying to learn how to do the gibs/break apart images and the shield. Once i get that stuff down, hopefully i can release my ship ive been working on. I cant find any good tutorials for superluminal though, concerning gibs and shields.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A31U0CtvU0w

I used this video to learn how to use Superluminal.
When I do shields, I just use one of the images that come with the game, and for gibs I just use Photoshop to cut up the hull image and bring in bits of debris from existing gib images like the struts and twisted metal that stick out, and just put them somewhere appropriate.