sM Polish Kit: Insurrection v1.6 [CE Support + Modules]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Russian Rockman

Re: The sM Polish Kit 1.27 for AE [CE Support + Modules]

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:48 am

DestinyGodMCO wrote:how do u install this? i am using a torrented version of FTL on 1.5.4

And third I all you should just buy the game... :roll: :?
slowriderxcorps

Re: The sM Polish Kit 1.3 for AE [CE Support + Modules]

Postby slowriderxcorps » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:56 pm

I think this has been the day that I've been waiting for for quite some time now. For the longest time, I had been desperately wanting to make changes to a file added in AE that makes countless textual changes to places that were previously impossible. Unfortunately, the way Slipstream Mod Manager behaved made it so that any attempts to modify the file would cause countless removals of spaces in too many areas of the game. The point of the polish kit is exactly that: to polish up the game without causing anything to break, and as such, the file laid untouched for quite some time. Until now.

A significant number of changes have now been made possible to the file thanks to the update of Slipstream to version 1.5. As such, it is /heavily/ advised to update your mod manager before trying to install this mod from hereon forwards.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:02 pm

I too am very happy about the new Slipstream update. :) I gave Vhati a big thank you!
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:58 pm

The thank you I would wish to send the guy would be of the kind of scale that could only be delivered by air mail. And I'm probably not even jesting.

In today's episode of getting to work on the mod: updating the CE patch and its AWM variant. Hopefully, this means that all AWM variants will now have the correct Tip windows when viewed in stores and the inventory. And in Insurrection, hopefully some major bugfixes regarding the StealthC loadout and one enemy layout, and the friendly ASB icon was unfortunately shelved in order to fix a graphical complication that results from one of the new events within it.

I'm half-tempted to try and write some more.. tech-fancy tips for each individual weapon, just for the sake of it. Somebody stop me.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:52 pm

slowriderxcorps wrote:I'm half-tempted to try and write some more.. tech-fancy tips for each individual weapon, just for the sake of it. Somebody stop me.

Well I think you should leave each individual weapon's description as short and simple as possible. Especially since longer descriptions seem to make the text bleed out of the window.

If you want to write tech-fancy tips, I would do it within the new magical misc.xml tooltips area for each weapon "type". ;)
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:02 pm

That was exactly how I was going to go about it in the first place. If anything, it can also act as a good test of how big a tip can be before it starts to glitch out the game, and also to if the command for new lines works with them as well.
Va1iD

Postby Va1iD » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:12 pm

I've re-patched a couple of times now and this glitch just keeps happening.

The ship's layout is completely messed up. All the rooms are in the wrong places, they've all shifted one space to the left, and the doors are in the strangest places. I'm sure I've patched the mods in a non-conflicting order, but here they are anyways (in order):

Alpha - The sM Polish Kit for Advanced Edition
Better Planets and Backgrounds_v1.3.1
CE Resource Pack 1.261
FTL Captains Edition 1.262
CE BPaB Compatibility Patch 1.0
CE Additional Music Addon 1.248
randomFlagship
Randtrel
Patch - The sMPK for Captains Edition
Module - Augmented Weapons for sMPK-AE
Module - Augmented Weapons for sMPK-CE
GFX - Ship Greebles for sMPK - CE
Ship - Captains Edition Player Ships
Module - Enhanced Systems for sMPK

Here's a link to the mess. I've linked it instead of putting it on the FTL forums as big pictures get chopped off by the forum.

Running on OSX and patched with Slipstream Mod Manager v1.6.
Remember: You can never have enough lasers. Or beams. Or missiles. Or Ions. Or bombs.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:07 pm

I would identify this as a Mod Order problem, given the appearance of the Randtrel mod. If you are playing a Randtrel ship, put the mod it generates at the absolute end of the mod order. Hopefully that'll sort it out in one fell swoop.
Va1iD

Postby Va1iD » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:16 pm

slowriderxcorps wrote:I would identify this as a Mod Order problem, given the appearance of the Randtrel mod. If you are playing a Randtrel ship, put the mod it generates at the absolute end of the mod order. Hopefully that'll sort it out in one fell swoop.

Oh right! Thanks! I was following the mod-order CE provided on it's mod page, so I didn't think that'd be the problem.
Thanks again!
Remember: You can never have enough lasers. Or beams. Or missiles. Or Ions. Or bombs.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:19 pm

As a general rule of thumb, ship mods go at the very end of the mod order, and you generally want to avoid using multiple ship mods simultaneously.