sM Polish Kit: Insurrection v1.6 [CE Support + Modules]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

Re: sM Polish Kit: Insurrection v1.3 [CE Support + Modules]

Postby stylesrj » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:14 pm

I was watching one of Bio's videos and I noticed an augment called the "Drone Disruptor" that apparently can disable Hacking Drones as well.

Just wanted to let you know that completely disabling such systems on enemy ships can cause the game to crash if those systems get destroyed. I don't know why, but it just seems to happen with AE systems.
Might want to look into fixing that problem, like reducing enemy hacking modules to 1-power or something.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:22 am

That's an interesting development. There are multiple ways to bring a system down to zero effectiveness however, and I'm relatively sure their interaction with system damage is different in some way, though I can't recall off the top of my 1AM-in-the-morning head exactly what those are. The three methods are as follows:

* You can inflict a Loss status on the system that takes the capacity down to zero in some cases. I believe this is what Captain's Edition does for nearly all of its Combat Augments.
* You can inflict a Limit status of Zero on the system to completely disable it. This is what the Insurrection Drone/Teleport Disruptor and Telepathic Shield uses to shut down various systems.
* You can inflict a Divide status on the system strong enough to where the game rounds down and disables the system entirely. I can't think of anything off the top of my head which does this specifically.

I'll look into this in due time to see if I need to change things.
GianTell

Postby GianTell » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:20 pm

First time trying the mod expansion, playing for 3 hours, I have to say the only thing I need now is Infinite Space Add On xD
I'm one of those who enjoy a not-rushed game and try to collect all unique weapon possible, building my ship to best one before facing the Flagship.

Really love the named weapons since their rarity match their capability.
Really love the stronger random encounters with Augmented module on.
Really love the storage key addition (more priorities to think about when installing primary augments)

Kudos to all the people help making this mod. It is an awesome expansion indeed ;)
FearTheBlaziken

Postby FearTheBlaziken » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:08 am

Seeing how dry this thread is compared to CE (Even though Sleeper Service is focusing on Hyperspace Admirals), I have managed to find a few issues with the Polish kit thanks to complete boredom.

Code: Select all

"Expansion - sMPK Insurrection.ftl\data\sector_data.xml.append"

<mod:findName type="sectorDescription" name="CRYSTAL_HOME"> 
    <mod:removeTag />
</mod:findName>

slow, Is this XML Command supposed to be in this mod? Because other than the Named Weapons Module, I couldn't find Insurrection's version of the Crystal Homeworlds in sector_data.xml.append (Instead I found a xml command for the [Non-existant] Crystal Sector to set the new weapons to Rarity 0), and you might have missed this issue if you had NWM enabled while testing.

I also found the Drone Disruptor's description to be long enough to go outside the box.

Another thing I've found is that when you use a Repair Burst during the Research Station Fire event, the Event says that the scientists give you a Drone schematic, but the autoReward is set to a weapon.

Code: Select all

"Expansion - sMPK Insurrection.ftl\data\events.xml"

DISTRESS_STATION_FIRE

<choice req="BOMB_HEAL_SYSTEM">
      <text>(Repair Burst) Fix their fire suppression system.</text>
      <event>
         <text>You ask the scientists for the location of the broken system and teleport a payload of nanites directly into it. The system bursts into life and, after a while, the fires start to die down.</text>
         <item_modify>   
            <item type="missiles" min="-1" max="-1"/>
         </item_modify>
         <choice hidden="true">
            <text>Contact the survivors.</text>
            <event>
               <text>They offer you their sincere gratitude; the station would have surely been destroyed without your assistance. They transfer a small reward and an additional drone schematic.</text>
               <autoReward level="HIGH">weapon</autoReward>
            </event>
         </choice>
      </event>         
   </choice>

Given what I've done while others were not active, I can now say that I've polished the Polish Kit. Release coming soon, but not from me.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:44 pm

It's moments like these where at the same time that I'm glad there are others still looking out for slip-ups in my work, I'm also cursing myself for making such amateur mistakes. Thanks for catching those, I've sorted them out now.
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:27 pm

slow, can this Mod go along with Endless Loot?
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:37 pm

I really couldn't say for sure how EL would interact with it, but my guess is that it would mess up in some capacity, I just don't exactly know how. In any case, the EL base weapon stats differ very greatly to those in CR.
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:00 pm

I remember that I downloaded this mod quite some ago, but seeing the large amount of files I was discouraged from using them fearing to mess up everything.
So what is the best order to load only your files?
Both the .txt and the .pdf files indicate only 3~5 key mods, while inside the .rar folder there are 14 files and a folder with more addons.

After several CE+EL runs, I'll gladly accept some "normal" runs :roll:
Thanks
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:07 pm

That's still definitely one part of the mod that can be daunting to anyone trying to get it working, for sure. I know that at some point recently, I made amends to the Slipstream Mod Manager descriptions of some of the parts to display a suggested Mod Order list to help ensure nothing explodes. In addition, all the 'important' mod parts are in the main folder and not in the Miscellaneous, so that did help with making it slightly less daunting when opening the file for the first time.
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:19 am

So, yesterday I did a quick run with sM.P. mods installed... ah, I had almost forgotten how "fast" is traveling across only 7 sectors instead of 30~40! :mrgreen:
Actually, I was also quite lucky since with my Engi ship I found in the first sector a free Def. Drone mk.III and two heavy lasers which helped me greatly during my journey.

One thing which also surprised me was to find 2 or even 3 shops for sector, something that in CE+EL happens once for each run...

Question: I have selected the "hard" boss Mod, but I didn't notice anything different from usual... what were I supposed to see?

I'll run a few more times to see if there are bugs or other things worth to be reported. ;)