sM Polish Kit: Insurrection v1.6 [CE Support + Modules]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
slowriderxcorps

Re: sM Polish Kit: Insurrection v1.3 [CE Support + Modules]

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:51 pm

Clone Bays are just so hard to really get a grasp on in terms of lore. According to Federation lore, they can't (or are refrained from) making infinite duplicates of a singular person, but what's to stop the likes of the Rebellion and especially space pirates from completely flaunting such rules to make their own? This is almost making me think of considering some kind of option for the Trooper DNA Backups in CE where you try to punch one of them into the Clone Bay to make you a dude. Of course whether it would go your way or not is up for debate, but... okay, maybe I'm rambling, I'll stop.

As for the CE hazard warning texts, I'm leaving those in the hands of Sleeper to un-typo since the file sizes of the fixed ones that I personally made are... well, let me put up a download for them separately so you can see just how much they would amp up the size of the 'kit.

Here.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:19 am

mr_easy_money wrote:Has anyone thought about making a sort of wiki for this mod, sorta like the Captain's Edition one? I'm suggesting not like a dump of all weapon stats and all events and everything like that. I know a wiki is supposed to be like an encyclopedia but I don't know, defining everything out kinda ruins the fun. I was thinking about maybe having the weapon types laid out, with pros and cons, like overclocked weapons do this... breaching weapons do this... and then maybe other stuff like trade and sectors, stuff like that.

I just took a look at the Readme for Insurrection, and first off I gotta say it's quite well thought out and there is quite a good amount of effort put into it, covering nearly all aspects of Insurrection. Secondly, my main point, is that because there is a readme, there doesn't really need to be any sort of wiki -- the readme is the wiki already. So that's why there isn't really a need for one, since it already sort of exists.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:29 pm

There seems to be a typo on the flavorType tag for the Naginata Beam in Captain's Remix:

Code: Select all

<weaponBlueprint name="BA_BEAM_NAGINATA">
   <type>BEAM</type>
   <flavorType>Anti-Materiel Beam</flavorType>
   <tip>lore_BA_BEAM_NAGINATA</tip>
   <title>Naginata Beam</title>
   <short>Naginata Beam</short>
   <desc>A viciously-powerful beam weapon designed to be used against hostile space stations. Extreme range and fast strike speed.</desc>
</weaponBlueprint>

It should read "Anti-Material Beam" with an 'a' not an 'e', unless that's on purpose. same goes for all of the special types of this weapon in the Augmented Weapons module for CR (Blaze, Pierce, Overclocked, etc.).
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:23 pm

While playing Captain's Remix, I noticed the Charge Time change in the tip of the Healing Energy Burst (15s > 20s) doesn't match the charge time it has (17 s):

I have the feeling this error isn't particular to CR, but maybe it is.
FearTheBlaziken

Postby FearTheBlaziken » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:55 am

Just went through both the Alpha Kit and the Expansion Modules and found a couple of issues, one breaking the AE toggle (Doesn't matter for CR), another being an issue that occurred as a result of Kestrel B's new cloak, and the latter being inconsistent with the Alpha kit.

[Alpha kit only] There are AE systems on the Flagship Construction without a vanilla version for when AE is disabled.

<shipBlueprint name="BOSS_SPECIAL" layout="boss_con" img="boss_con">
   <class>Rebel Flagship Construction</class>
   <systemList>
      <pilot power="3" room="0"/> 
      <shields power="4" max="8" room="1"/> 
      <teleporter power="1" max="2" room="3" start="false"/>
      <medbay power="1" max="2" room="5"/>   
      <engines power="2" max = "6" room="8"/>
      <oxygen power="1" max="2" room="7"/>
      <hacking power="1"  max="2" room="2" start="false"/>
      <mind power="1" max="2" room="4" start="false"/>
      <artillery power="2" max="3" room="9" weapon="ARTILLERY_BOSS_1"/>
      <artillery power="2" max="3" room="10" weapon="ARTILLERY_BOSS_2"/>
   </systemList>
   <weaponList count="0" missiles="20"/>
   <health amount="15"/>   
   <maxPower amount ="14"/>
   <boardingAI>sabotage</boardingAI>
   <crewCount amount= "5" max="8" class="human"/>
</shipBlueprint>

This will lead to the Incomplete Flagship having either Hacking or Mind Control regardless of the AE Toggle. I've address this for my fixes module by removing the AE systems from the shipBlueprint (But adding a combat-based drone control system to make up for the difficulty), and making an Override version with the standard systems (with the chance of the same Drone Control System for good measure).

I'll lend you my own fixes to save some time. (Just don't fix the issue while you're half asleep)
Replaces "BOSS_SPECIAL" in "blueprints.xml"

<shipBlueprint name="BOSS_SPECIAL" layout="boss_con" img="boss_con">
   <systemList>
      <engines power="2" max ="6" room="8"/>
      <drones power="4" max="6" room="6" start="false"/> <!-- You can change or remove this if your want to -->
   </systemList>
   <droneList drones="10" load="DRONES_COMBAT"/> <!-- You can change or remove this if your want to -->
   <health amount="15"/>   
   <maxPower amount ="14"/>
</shipBlueprint>

Insert into "dlcBlueprintsOverwrite.xml" (Should take place of "BOSS_SPECIAL" when AE is enabled)

<shipBlueprint name="OVERRIDE_BOSS_SPECIAL" layout="boss_con" img="boss_con">
   <systemList>
      <engines power="2" max = "6" room="8"/>
      <hacking power="1"  max="2" room="2" start="false"/>
      <mind power="1" max="2" room="4" start="false"/>
      <drones power="4" max="6" room="6" start="false"/> <!-- You can change or remove this if your want to -->
   </systemList>
   <droneList drones="10" load="DRONES_COMBAT"/> <!-- You can change or remove this if your want to -->
   <health amount="15"/>   
   <maxPower amount ="14"/>
</shipBlueprint>

[Alpha kit only] The second issue is related to the Kestrel B's cloaking image. When you were importing my version of the Cloaking image, you forgot to change the cloak coordinates to x="0" and y=0", this would result in a misplaced cloak when the Kestrel B ever activates the Cloaking Device.

[Applies to both Expansions] The third issue is that the misc.rawclobber files in both Insurrection or Captain's Remix are inconsistent with the Alpha kit's misc file, leading to different Stat names, system descriptions, and warning notes when installing a system during an event. Before you go and address all of these inconsistencies, I would also like to warn the half-awake version of yourself that some of text's changed in both expansions are probably intentional (CR's Non-AE warning, Hiding "Augment:" in the rewards box, Changed cargo tip for lore stuff, Additional Credits, and all lore descriptions) and shouldn't be changed/removed for obvious reasons. (So you don't "shoot yourself in the foot" while fixing the issue.)

[Insurrection Suggestion]
I would also like to make a change to the Beacon Access Kit in Insurrection, let it automatically gain map data only for the Start of the game. This would allow the Insurrection variant of Stealth C to gain map data and not risk an early game disadvantage/instant restart. (You can make the Beacon Access Kit link to the same AUTOMAP event as Adv. FTL Navigation and it will still allow you to hack the beacon for other stuff, or trigger the alarm and let the Fleet get you.)

Given what I've done while others were not active, I can now say that I've polished the Polish Kit. Release coming soon, but not from me.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:59 am

FearTheBlaziken wrote:*trying to override a shipBlueprint*

I don't think you can do that. The OVERRIDE_ tag is very specific about what it works on. Since it was never used for any shipBlueprint in vanilla FTL, it was never programmed to work. You'll have to use the OVERRIDE_ on a blueprintList instead if the event allows the ship to load from one.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
FearTheBlaziken

Postby FearTheBlaziken » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:05 am

RAD-82 wrote:I don't think you can do that. The OVERRIDE_ tag is very specific about what it works on. Since it was never used for any shipBlueprint in vanilla FTL, it was never programmed to work. You'll have to use the OVERRIDE_ on a blueprintList instead if the event allows the ship to load from one.

Well, darn, I guess there is no way to make the Flagship Construction not use AE systems when AE is disabled without using the proper boss enemy box.

slow, there are a couple of things that you can do to solve this issue.
1. Remove the AE systems entirely and possibly add Cloaking to the mix.
2. Change the hostile Box in the Alpha kit to the one used in Captain's Remix and change 'boss_con' to fit in the new hostile box.

mr_easy_money wrote:It should read "Anti-Material Beam" with an 'a' not an 'e', unless that's on purpose.
Google Search wrote:materiel, noun: military materials and equipment.

It is intentional, If the Naginata Beam's flavorText was 'Anti-Station Beam' instead, It would be slightly jarring to some players.

Given what I've done while others were not active, I can now say that I've polished the Polish Kit. Release coming soon, but not from me.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:51 am

FearTheBlaziken wrote:
Google Search wrote:materiel, noun: military materials and equipment.

It is intentional, If the Naginata Beam's flavorText was 'Anti-Station Beam' instead, It would be slightly jarring to some players.

I had the feeling it was on purpose, I just didn't look into it well enough, nor did I realize anti-material isn't actually a thing, but rather anti-materiel is what it should be, like an anti-materiel rifle.

learn something new everyday :mrgreen:
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:18 pm

I've been looking into some of these in the interim, trying to figure out exactly where to go with them. The energy to really get a lot of things done just doesn't seem to be there at the moment. The last thing that was being considered was the migration of CR's Rocket Launchers into Insurrection, but chances are I'll just leave them in CR as one of its many toys.

On a more brighter note, I offer congratulations to Twitch streamer Rand118, who has successfully beaten Insurrection with every ship on Hard Mode, under No Pause rules. I'm truly amazed by this achievement, even if it did kind of drive him close to insanity at times (thank you, based EngiB).
FearTheBlaziken

Postby FearTheBlaziken » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:49 am

I just fought the Insurrection Flagship in a Ion Storm during Phase 3 (I had Lv8 Engines but I was curious). The Flagship didn't power it's Artillery or Mind Control until I damaged their engines with the most ideal Vulcan setup in the game, if I didn't had the OP Vulcan of the Falcon, I could simply have 5 lasers, power up my shields and engines, and cloak every Power Surge until the Flagship dies a slow death. That's how weak the Flagship in an Ion Storm would be.

I checked the code for the Ion Storm chase part of the Fight and saw that the Shields were supposed to be halved. This didn't happen at anytime during my fight.

<event>
      <text>Catching up to such a fast-moving target is a fruitless affair... Your worst fears come to light as your pursuit leads you directly into the eye of an ion storm. Your sensors can't determine what it's about to do, but you can only prepare for the worst... this is it!</text>
      <environment type="storm"/>
      <status type="limit" target="player" system="battery" amount="2"/>
      <status type="limit" target="enemy" system="shields" amount="4"/>
      <choice req="AUGMENTS_ASSIST" hidden="true" blue="false" max_group="0">
         <text>Prepare to fight. The C.A.S. is being disrupted by the storm and cannot be deployed.</text>
         <event>
            <status type="divide" target="enemy" system="reactor" amount="2"/>
         </event>
      </choice>
      <choice req="engines" hidden="true" blue="false" max_group="0">
         <text load="GENERIC_ATTACK_TEXT"/>
         <event>
            <status type="divide" target="enemy" system="reactor" amount="2"/>
         </event>
      </choice>
   </event>

I don't think the code is broken as the Drone and Navigation Disruptors both disabled two systems as intended. What I think is happening is that the environment tag is preventing the status tag from triggering, therefore, the Flagship still has its four shields even if the event is supposed to make it only have two.

I can see two solutions to this, one looking strange before the Arena Pre-Fight but works as intended, and the other, while it doesn't allow the Flagship to properly man systems, is much more potent that the former.

1. Halve the Shields during the Phase 3 Arena Pre-Fight and clear them either when the Flagship doesn't reach a Hazard (Or one that's not an Ion Storm) and when the Player initiates the C.A.S.
    This may look weird at first, but it also gives the impression that the Flagship will divert power from both its FTL Core and Shield Generator to its engines, as if the Rebels were getting desperate.

[Please don't copy the code word for word, I don't want to be responsible for breaking the mod again.]

<event name="BOSS_TEXT_3">
       <text>You're not certain how it's able to keep fighting with the amount of damage it has sustained, but before you can scan the condition of the ship it diverts all power from its FTL core to the engines and moves at an alarming speed to try and confer an advantage to itself.</text>
       <status type="limit" target="enemy" system="shields" amount="4"/>
       <choice hidden="true">
          <text>Attempt to intercept the Flagship.</text>
          <event load="BOSS_3_LIST_DIRE"/> <!-- The Clear shield tags will be in the Continue choice of all non-storm events in the list, and both C.A.S. events. -->
       </choice>
       <choice hidden="true" req="engines" lvl="5" max_group="1">
          <text>(Lv5/7 Engines) Full power to thrusters!</text>
          <event load="BOSS_3_LIST_RISK"/> <!-- The Clear shield tags will be in the Continue choice of all non-storm events in the list, and both C.A.S. events. -->
       </choice>
       <choice hidden="true" req="engines" lvl="7" max_group="1">
          <text>(Lv7/7 Engines) No one escapes you!</text>
          <event>
             <text>The speed of the Flagship is truly impressive, but your cruiser easily manages to cut in front of it and force it to ready battle stations. It looks like it's transferred power to the teleporter and internal defenses, but you can sense something powerful charging up deep inside its hull. Be prepared, this is it!</text>
             <status type="clear" target="enemy" system="shields" amount="100"/>
             <choice>
                <event>
                   <status type="clear" target="player" system="sensors" amount="100"/>
                </event>
             </choice>
             <choice req="AUGMENTS_ASSIST" hidden="true">
                <text load="GENERIC_CAS_TEXT"/>
                <event load="COMBAT_ASSIST_PHASE3"/>
             </choice>
          </event>
       </choice>
    </event>
    <eventList name="COMBAT_ASSIST_PHASE3">
       <event>
          <text>You turn to the Combat Assist System console one last time.</text>
          <status type="clear" target="player" system="sensors" amount="100"/>
          <status type="clear" target="enemy" system="shields" amount="100"/>
       </event>
    </eventList>
    2. Ditch the status effect for halving the reactor, and halve all the systems in the Continue Choice instead. I calculated the power use for the Flagship, and halving the systems ended up with the same reactor use as if it was in a normal Ion Storm. The only disadvantage is that the Flagship can't properly man it's systems (Which may not matter if its in AI mode), but its much better than the Artillery weapons not powering at all.

[Please don't copy the code word for word, I don't want to be responsible for breaking the mod again.]

<event>
          <text>Catching up to such a fast-moving target is a fruitless affair... Your worst fears come to light as your pursuit leads you directly into the eye of an ion storm. Your sensors can't determine what it's about to do, but you can only prepare for the worst... this is it!</text>
          <environment type="storm"/>
          <status type="limit" target="player" system="battery" amount="2"/>
          <choice req="AUGMENTS_ASSIST" hidden="true" blue="false" max_group="0">
             <text>Prepare to fight. The C.A.S. is being disrupted by the storm and cannot be deployed.</text>
             <event>
                <status type="divide" target="enemy" system="all" amount="2"/>
             </event>
          </choice>
          <choice req="engines" hidden="true" blue="false" max_group="0">
             <event>
                <status type="divide" target="enemy" system="all" amount="2"/>
             </event>
          </choice>
       </event>