sM Polish Kit: Insurrection v1.6 [CE Support + Modules]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
FearTheBlaziken

Re: sM Polish Kit: Insurrection v1.3 [CE Support + Modules]

Postby FearTheBlaziken » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:42 am

slowriderxcorps wrote:Also, a new title screen featuring something I made a couple of months back over the course of a day: a giant Stealth cruiser. And the one there is only half the size of the one I actually drew.

slow, do you still happen to have the old title Image for Insurrection? Because even though the new title screen for Insurrection is interesting, I still kind of miss the stealth cruiser image.

Given what I've done while others were not active, I can now say that I've polished the Polish Kit. Release coming soon, but not from me.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:14 pm

FearTheBlaziken wrote:slow, do you still happen to have the old title Image for Insurrection? Because even though the new title screen for Insurrection is interesting, I still kind of miss the stealth cruiser image.

I didn't have a copy of that on the new computer, but thankfully the old one still had much older builds of everything I worked on, including the title screen. There you go.
FearTheBlaziken

Postby FearTheBlaziken » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:07 pm

Thanks! What made you decide to change it to the new title screen that you have today?

Given what I've done while others were not active, I can now say that I've polished the Polish Kit. Release coming soon, but not from me.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:54 pm

Ultimately, I felt like having a screen where the Federation hangar is all quiet and powered-down would be quite the nice touch. Also partially because I felt the super-ultra high-resolution Stealth Cruiser didn't quite fit the style of the game, which is kind of a strange opinion, perhaps. I still have the full picture of that thing right here, and the sheer scale speaks for itself. I made it over the course of about 2-3 days.
ZackDaBoss13

Postby ZackDaBoss13 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:35 pm

slowriderxcorps wrote:
ZackDaBoss13 wrote:If it was meant to be multiple mods in the download, i only got the balance kit, or if it was all in one file, it doesn't work

If you're speaking of the file format, it's a zip file that carries every part of the mod. Extract its contents into a folder and you'll have all the parts right there in ftl format.

when i download it it gives me a .rar file that cant be extracted
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:37 pm

Rar files can most certainly be extracted. What kind of archiver are you using? Something like 7zip should crack it open just fine.
sul

Postby sul » Mon May 16, 2016 4:11 pm

Just finished my fifth run with FTL insurrection, this mod is truly amazing thanks for making it. Because FTL insurrection is a major game overhaul (while smpk is a balance mod) maybe it should have its own entry on the master mod list ? I didnt know this mod existed before reading the smpk page. I played with all the extra modules (GFX, augmented weapons insurrection, augmented weapons smpk-AE, named weapons, insurrection player ships), particularly loved the weapons variants with the color system.
sul

Postby sul » Fri May 27, 2016 10:31 pm

Well I really love FTL Insurrection and play regularly. I made an add-on for my ship customizer mod that adds all the FTL Insurrection weapons and drones:
viewtopic.php?t=29466
After playing FTL Insurrection a few times I just wanted to mess around with all the content from the start.
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:57 am

some insurrection weapons look suspiciously like weapons from Captains edition... and some drones do as well...
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:09 pm

Stormbringer wrote:some insurrection weapons look suspiciously like weapons from Captains edition... and some drones do as well...

they may even be, and credit is given:
slowriderxcorps wrote:Sleeper Service for art assets from Captains Edition