sM Polish Kit: Insurrection v1.6 [CE Support + Modules]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
MantisTheInsect

Re: The sM Polish Kit 1.32 for AE [CE Support + Modules]

Postby MantisTheInsect » Wed May 13, 2015 12:34 am

slowriderxcorps wrote:There's your problem: that's the wrong version of the kit that is there. 1.032 was the last build of the kit before Advanced Edition came out. http://www.mediafire.com/download/f52uyp5s55ea5k5/The_sM_Polish_Kit_for_Advanced_Edition.rar should take you to the correct download. Also make sure to delete all the parts from the old 'kit from your mod folder, as if any of them are turned on they could break something.

I feel very stupid now. :|
Awesome Warlord

Postby Awesome Warlord » Tue May 19, 2015 8:15 pm

Clicking "Generate New Sector" crashes the game... :(
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Tue May 19, 2015 8:57 pm

That kind of sounds like one of the mod tools is in use. That I believe was something used in the name of determining the effects of Weapon Rarity and enemy generation. Simply put, don't use that particular submod. I really should remove it from the download..
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:06 pm

After quite the gratuitous amount of time of being unable to work properly on maintaining the kit, I am quite relieved to announce that all those inconveniences are no more. Full and proper maintenance and development of the kit will be resumed with near-immediate effect. I thank everyone for your patience.
Xoriath

Re: sM Polish Kit: Insurrection v1.0 [CE Support + Modules]

Postby Xoriath » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:21 am

Very good work on expanding the game.I would apreciate if you could explain when to install the holograms mod.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:53 am

The Hologram Integration is only necessary if you're just playing with the base kit and no expansions. Since CE and Insurrection have Holograms (or AI Avatars) by default, that module will have no effect.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:37 pm

The one benefit to maintaining one of the more silent mods is being able to fine-tune it as many times as required without having to announce every single time something gets tweaked. A couple of new weapon additions to the expansion have been implemented successfully, and an additional component to Augmented Weapons or three have also made their appearance.
Artamba

Postby Artamba » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:46 am

slowriderxcorps wrote:The one benefit to maintaining one of the more silent mods is being able to fine-tune it as many times as required without having to announce every single time something gets tweaked. A couple of new weapon additions to the expansion have been implemented successfully, and an additional component to Augmented Weapons or three have also made their appearance.

Too right, I can imagine that is a positive ;P

Pretty excited to start playing with this mod, though I'm wondering if you believe that it is more balanced and enjoyable to play it by itself (no CE by it's side or nuffin)?
Hubnester

Postby Hubnester » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:16 pm

Hey, I've been using the modpack for a good amount of time now. It's great, but I seem to get plenty of CTDs, particularly on startup and when restarting. Also, some events seem to be bugged, such as one moment where I landed on an exit beacon and all of a sudden it deducted missiles from me and gave scrap without any prompt whatsoever (I had the corresponding event the previous beacon), among other instances. I'm running (in addition to the base mod) Insurrection, AWM-i, Insurrection ships, the HUD overhaul, hologram integration, the flagship randomizer and its patch (not in that order).

That said, I think the time I've had enjoying the game with it far outweighs these inconveniences. Thanks for the mod, and good luck with the mod and your other endeavors!
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:22 pm

Thanks for the feedback. In regards to the exit beacon glitches, I've finally figured out what was causing them in my own personal experiments with Empty Beacon augments. Though I noticed you were using the Hologram Integration in your mod order: that particular module is redundant with Insurrection as that enables them by default.

I've yet to update the OP with the new additions (that can be downloaded now), but I'll get onto that soon. I'm currently seeing if I can build a new weapon for the mod that doesn't look as amateurish as the Flare Cannon or the Anti-Personnel Laser.