sM Polish Kit: Insurrection v1.6 [CE Support + Modules]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
slowriderxcorps

Re: sM Polish Kit: Insurrection v1.3 [CE Support + Modules]

Postby slowriderxcorps » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:03 pm

All of the weapons native to Insurrection show up in CR, although as far as the equipment goes, that's all that gets sent over. The augments, trade items, events, etc, are all from CE.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:42 am

The Anti-Bio Ray in Captain's Remix claims to be "designed to pierce all normal shields", but can't since it doesn't have any shield piercing specified:

EDIT: Hah! Just my luck, I buy an anti-bio ray (rarity 5) only to get another one from a reward :mrgreen:
if only they pierced shields... :twisted:

slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:12 pm

I thought I had gone over all the descriptions for the Fire and Anti-Bio Rays when they were re-tasked around losing their shield-piercing abilities, apparently that one got by. Just like everything else being pointed out.
kestrelfan

Postby kestrelfan » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:53 pm

how do i download insurrection?
Dont Call it a comeback, I've been here for years

I just surf the forums for new mods and nostalgia at this point, that's about it
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:50 pm

Everything to do with the mod, expansions and all, are included in the one download link on the original post. It's a rar file however, so its contents will have to be extracted into the mod folder for your mod manager before they can be used.

Meanwhile in development news, some more minor buffing-out of little errors here and there within CR, for the most part. The main thing to happen is that the 'Augment:' that appears in the reward boxes has been removed from Insurrection and CR. This makes the reward boxes nowhere near as wide as would otherwise be, and this should prove very helpful in preventing event texts from overflowing the main box.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:27 pm

There seems to be a slight grammar error here:

"Logic alone suggest peaceful coexistence...." should be changed to "Logic alone suggests peaceful coexistence...." since Logic is singular. Vanilla General Turzil of the Engi Brigade shows that this still holds for Engi.

How is this Rebel ship small? :

slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:40 pm

Few minor points taken. Honestly I think that the moment I figure out how to sort out this Defense II weirdness with enemy ships, I should really, really increase the version number. I still struggle to believe how terrible I am with those, but given the number of times I've had to correct very small things on a real-time basis, it's a little bit understandable.

Not sure how to proceed, either. My mind is telling me to consider re-adding the original Naginata into CR alongside the Insurrection Voulge Beam. Shouldn't be too hard to sort out.
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:54 pm

Honestly, I prefer sMPK "simple", without other mods (unless these are ships).
Just my 0.02$
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:15 am

Has anyone thought about making a sort of wiki for this mod, sorta like the Captain's Edition one? I'm suggesting not like a dump of all weapon stats and all events and everything like that. I know a wiki is supposed to be like an encyclopedia but I don't know, defining everything out kinda ruins the fun. I was thinking about maybe having the weapon types laid out, with pros and cons, like overclocked weapons do this... breaching weapons do this... and then maybe other stuff like trade and sectors, stuff like that.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:18 pm

Some possible things to fix:

in Captain's Remix the second sentence in the tip for the Ranseur Beam doesn't quite read right to me:

it's really just the last part of it: "It's ... recharge time, ... heatsinks but lacklustre damage per attack make it effective in one scenario." I just feel like that is pretty confusing: What is meant by one scenario? Maybe you mean to say in only some scenarios? one scenario feels quite ambiguous.

(CR) The third sentence in the tip for the needle beam says it recharges "extremely quickly" but the base cooldown is 11 seconds. compare this to the ranseur beam above and it doesn't look that fast really:

(Still CR) The PDS warning tip's second sentence "You'r ship" should be changed to "Your ship" (no apostrophe) :

Now something about an event in Insurrection:

Let's compare a vanilla event crew loss text and an Insurrection event crew loss. They don't match in terms of clone bay capability:

Code: Select all

(Vanilla event. didn't include all of it)
<eventList name="DISTRESS_ENGI_REACTOR_ENGI">
   <event>
      <text>One of your crew valiantly grabs the Engi and throws it into the airlock right before the reactor blows and the automatic blast doors slam shut. You have no choice but to mourn their sacrifice and move on.</text>
      <removeCrew>
         <clone>true</clone>
         <text>The brave crewmember's clone strides from the Clone Bay, rather full of themself after such a heroic act.</text>
      </removeCrew>
      <choice hidden="true">
         <text>Continue...</text>

Code: Select all

(Insurrection event. didn't include all of it)
<eventList name="DISTRESS_INDUSTRIAL_RISK">
   <event>
      <text>The laser gauntlet your crew tries to navigate well and truly proves its worth. A combination of flailing cutting beams crashes through and tears apart the only path to the control room, catching one ill-fated soul at the same time and cleaving him in twain. The rest of the team scurries for the shuttle before anyone else is claimed victim.</text>
      <removeCrew>
         <clone>true</clone>
         <text>Thankfully, your Clone Bay had a lock on the crew member and has reconstructed him by the time your crew returns. He does question the giant scar across his entire midriff, however.</text>
      </removeCrew>
   </event>
</eventList>

As seen here, in the vanilla event, the clone bay clone remembers his brave action and what happened, but in the Insurrection event, the clone has no idea how he got scarred. this whole clone bay thing feels contradictory; it should really be a matter of defining what the clone bay actually does.
in my view, the clone is a repeat of the person when their dna was cloned. so that doesn't make sense otherwise the crew would think the mission just started. so maybe the dna is cloned automatically each jump, but it still doesn't make much sense.

this has made an interesting point though: how can the clone remember his heroics but not any scars. how does that work? I like how you've defined that the clone bay needs a lock on the crewmember, which makes sense otherwise how do you know if they are actually dead but then again why need a lock...

look, I need to eat something, but the point still stands that there isn't a clear cut definition of the clone bay's capability, which really messes around with everything.