sM Polish Kit: Insurrection v1.6 [CE Support + Modules]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
mr_easy_money

Re: sM Polish Kit: Insurrection v1.3 [CE Support + Modules]

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:34 am

There are 5 different possible bugs here, which I found over the course of recently going back and playing FTL: Insurrection and then wondering why I ever left it...

1. There seems to be a slight/possible grammar issue with the tip for the Rail Driver:

Looking at the tip of the Rail Driver it states that the "weapon system possesses stronger ... capability than Pierce Lasers, but have only a modest damage..." Looks like "have" should be changed to "has" since weapon system is singular.

2. EDIT: also, there is a slight misspelling in the SMM description for Roulette mode:
"...some possible loadouts will be unplayable. In such a scenario, it is probably best to reroll the setup by reseleting the ship."
where "reseleting" should be "reselecting" with a 'c'

3. EDIT2: I noticed that there isn't any mention of changes to stun duration in the weapon tip. For example, the Salvaged Heavy Stunner changes stun duration from 10 s to 7 s since it is salvaged:

4. EDIT3: Also, I noticed that when in the equipment screen sometimes you can see the weapon tip, sometimes not, sometimes only for 1 of the weapon slots, other times not at all... Any idea why this happens?

5. EDIT4: Healing Energy Burst uses missiles???

Aren't the energy weapons specifically designated as Energy because they do not use missiles? Then how come this one does use missiles? I would look at the tip info if I could, but like I said, sometimes it just does not pop up...
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:50 am

Good catches all around. Honestly I'm surprised the Healing Energy Burst was glitched for that long, I'd have though it would have seen some use thanks to Roulette Mode by now... Also the Heavy Stunner's stun duration doesn't change with the Salvaged type, the default stun on it is 7 seconds, it's in base CE where it goes up to 10.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:47 pm

There seems to be a duplicate of "Module - AWM Roulette Mode for Captain's Remix" as "Module - AWM Roulette Mode for CR", the former being the newer version.

The Fire Energy Cluster Bomb on the Fed C on "AWM Roulette Mode for Captain's Remix" cannot be powered because its power requirement is too high for the starting weapons system level:

The Healing Energy Cluster Burst in the same mod has the same problem as I posted before in that it requires missiles when it shouldn't since it is an energy weapon:

There is also some extra space in the same weapon's tip description:
"The distribution of health recovery ... enhances it s reliability ..."

Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:39 pm

mr_easy_money wrote:There seems to be a duplicate of "Module - AWM Roulette Mode for Captain's Remix" as "Module - AWM Roulette Mode for CR", the former being the newer version.

I noted that too, but I couldn't figure out if there were two different files or the same file with a different name (thus appearing twice).
BTW mr_easy, how did you manage to make the roulette Mods working? When I tried them, I often had the problem of "fake" weapons: the image of a base laser without description and data, which made the game crash if used. Here my post: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17187&start=530#p105163
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:23 pm

Auron1 wrote:BTW mr_easy, how did you manage to make the roulette Mods working? When I tried them, I often had the problem of "fake" weapons: the image of a base laser without description and data, which made the game crash if used. Here my post: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17187&start=530#p105163

I think your mod order is wonky as it looks like you are missing some things and stuff isn't in the correct order. you should look at the SMM descriptions of the modules as most of them give you example builds of the mod order.

I'll give you what I'm using right now for Captain's Remix then I'll try and adjust yours...:
EDIT: I forgot to put in the CE Resource Pack, which goes before the CR Expansion, but after the "Alpha - sMPK for AE"
EDIT3: putting GFX - ship greebles before the expansion screws with the room images apparently. best put that afterwards

Code: Select all

mr_easy_money's CR mod order:
Alpha - The sM Polish Kit for AE
CE Resource Pack
Expansion - sMPK Captain's Remix
GFX - Ship Greebles for Insurrection + CE
Module - Augmented Weapons for sMPK-AE
Module - Augmented Weapons for Insurrection
Module - Augmented Weapons for Captain's Remix
Module - Named Weapons for Captain's Remix
Module - Enhanced Systems for sMPK
Module - Enhanced Systems for Insurrection + CR
Ship - AWM Roulette Mode for Captain's Remix

Now I'll try and adjust yours (fancy brackets denote my notes):
Auron1's reformed mod order:
1) Alpha - sMPK Polish Kit for AE {this is fine, must be loaded first unless you're using NTL}
2) GFX - Remastered HUD {this is fine as well, all GFX goes directly after Alpha - sMPK}
3) Expansion - sMPK Insurrection {okay, so you're using insurrection; this is fine}
EDIT2: { { { This is probably where the "Module- Hard Flagship for Insurrection" goes. Just make sure that this mod is "loaded after all Total Conversion mods." which is why right here is probably fine } } }
4) Module - Augmented Weapons for sMPK-AE {YOU WERE MISSING THIS, need this for next one}
5) Module - Augmented Weapons for Insurrection
6) Module - Named Weapons for Insurrection {not necessary to move this up here, I just feel it's easier to find knowing it's with the other weapons modules...}
7) Module - Enhanced Systems for sMPK {YOU WERE MISSING THIS, SMM description for Module - Enhanced Systems for Insurrection + CR says: "This module needs to be installed immediately after the base Enhanced Systems Module", which means you need the base}
8) Module - Enhanced Systems for Insurrection + CR
EDIT4: WAIT A MINUTE. why are these two even in your mod order?? these are for CE Infinite...
------ Module - Augmented Weapons for sMPK-CEi {since discontinued, not sure if this works with others, might still work, up to your discretion}
------ Module - Enhanced Systems for sMPK-CEi {since discontinued, not sure if this works with others, might still work, up to your discretion}

------ Module - Fleet Delay AE {since discontinued, not sure where to put this, but I figure this should still work, just that there are no plans to do more with it, probably because there is nothing more to do, might still work, up to your discretion}
Notes about Ship mods:
- AWM Roulette Mode for Insurrection should be used here, not combined with others because whichever is after the other will overwrite the other. this is probably one of the other reasons why you couldn't get it to work.
- Now, I haven't ever used AWM Roulette Mode with other Ship mods, but I think it could work since it is pretty much the result of putting a weapon list in place of a specific weapon which is why it keeps changing, hence Roulette Mode.
- The main problem is that the weapons list chosen for each ship is based on the starting power level, so my main concern is that if you use "Insurrection Player Ships" for example then it might not work exactly right, but then again I haven't tested it which is why YOU should test it!
- Ship - The Capital Cruiser AE, on the other hand isn't supposed to be used with Roulette Mode as the weapons in Roulette Mode were selected for the original ship it replaces. once again this is where YOU should test it and see if it actually does or doesn't work. I suppose it wouldn't be hard though, to create a Roulette mode for this ship specifically, and make that a module, but I believe slow doesn't have that much interest in that; though it's up to him, it wouldn't be too hard to create that...
Last edited by mr_easy_money on Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:00 pm

the flavorType text for the Healing Energy Burst and Healing Energy Cluster Burst is misspelled as "Medical Engergy Unit" where it should properly be spelled as "Medical Energy Unit" where there is only one 'g' in "Energy".

EDIT: I found a missing gib:

As you can see, the missile weapon is free floating when it should be connected to a part of the hull that magically disappeared.
Last edited by mr_easy_money on Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:49 am

mr_easy_money wrote:
Auron1 wrote:BTW mr_easy, how did you manage to make the roulette Mods working? When I tried them, I often had the problem of "fake" weapons: the image of a base laser without description and data, which made the game crash if used. Here my post: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17187&start=530#p105163

I think your mod order is wonky as it looks like you are missing some things and stuff isn't in the correct order. you should look at the SMM descriptions of the modules as most of them give you example builds of the mod order.

I'll give you what I'm using right now for Captain's Remix then I'll try and adjust yours...:
{Omiss}

slowrider gave me a small mods list here: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17187&start=530#p105165, however many other mods are not written, hence I don't know where to place them in order not to mess everything up.
Thanks for you help :D
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:12 pm

How on earth did I manage to screw up both the Healing Energy weapons... well, thanks again for the heads-up. Having external support is so helpful right now, especially since Clock hasn't streamed either Insurrection or CR in quite some time now.

As for the missing Mantis gib, that's a glitch in the CE Resource Pack and therefore Sleeper needs to fix that out (and you can manually fix it in the meantime for your own copy). The file img/ship/mantis_scout_c_pirate_gib4.png inside the resource pack had the word pirate typo'd and thus was not being loaded.
DDR

Postby DDR » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:04 am

I looked everywhere and there is no info on what each module in the download actually does.
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:49 am

If you launch slipstream with them in the folder, you should be able to see the descriptions.