Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Fenris

Fenrisian Fighter [My first ship]

Postby Fenris » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:40 pm

Hello everyone!

I present to you my first ship mod

The FSV Requiem

STORY

The Fenris systems, untamible, yet contained, like it's Norse namesake. No one expected pirates to take the side of the Federation. To make it here, you have to be quick, strong, and carry a big gun. It is home to all races, and each individual is more vicious and unpredictable than the last.
Hell, the reason you're here is 'cause some rebel made a joke about your ship.

Thanks to kartoFlame and his Superluminal ship editor, DryEagle and 5thHorseman for inspiring me to make my own mods, and everyone who gave me advice so I could go from not knowing how to flip a pre-made ship to modifying one to my liking.

Replaces Slug A

GIBS ADDED!!! ROOM INTERIORS FIXED!!! DRONES FIXED!!!

The gibs are discolored on purpose, I wanted to show some form of battle damage.

There is no room for a teleporter, fair warning.

Please tell me if you think something should be changed, constructive criticism is appreciated

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/imrygxmiehgkifn/Fenrisian%20Fighter.ftl
Last edited by Fenris on Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:54 am, edited 6 times in total.
5thHorseman

Re: Fenrisian Fighter [My first ship]

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:00 pm

Your IMG tag aren't exactly right, and I don't think Photobucket allows hotlinking anyway. But your ship looks nice. I'm a fan of the ion/beam combo and those are two of my favorite weapons in their classes. :)

If you're up for more image editing, my only suggestion so far (without playing it) is to fix your room images so they don't go over the doors. For example, to get out of the scanner room to the shields or o2 room, you'd need to clamber over the consoles! Making a scanner console in the upper left of the room, or on the right wall only, or both would make it more visually pleasing.

Also, this is just a recolored slug ship, correct? You could grab, rotate, and recolor the gibs from the source file as well.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:01 am

When linking images, copy the Direct link from the "Links to share this photo" list, paste it into your post, highlight the link using your mouse, and click the Img box above to add img tags.

The forum will cull images wider than 480px , so either you can resize the image, or use it as a link to a full image on photobucket. Same as the above example except after adding Img tags, again highlight the entire link and tags, click on the URL box to add url tags, then modify like this:

Code: Select all

[url][img]<direct link to image>[/img][/url]
change to
[url=<Email & IM link provided by photobucket>][img]<direct link to image>[/img][/url]

Adding a link into the first [url] tag will make the image clickable, so the full image can be viewed on Photobucket.

I love how confusing this is. Here i am, offering wise advice, and f**king up the links several times with copy paste errors. LOL, why can't things be simpler... :lol: :lol:
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Alvarin

Postby Alvarin » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:29 pm

You can buy and upgrade the drone bay, but you can't use drones.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:44 pm

Alvarin wrote:You can buy and upgrade the drone bay, but you can't use drones.

I suspect you need to (in SuperLuminal) go into the properties and set how many drones total the ship should have. Starting drones should stay "0."
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:48 pm

To fully disable Drone Control on a ship, add the system blueprint to your custom blueprints.xml.append and set rarity to 0.
In this example i have removed shields from stores, but the same applies to any system. Make sure not to alter the system or delete it, because enemies still have to use it. All you need is rarity 0, and the player will never be able to buy it. OTOH, if you want all enemies with malfunctioning shields... ;)

Code: Select all

<!-- System Blueprint -->
<systemBlueprint name="shields">
   <type>shields</type>
   <title>Shields</title>
   <desc>Powers your shields. Every shield bar can block one incoming shot. In this mod, shields are not available in stores.</desc>
   <startPower>2</startPower>
   <maxPower>8</maxPower>
   <rarity>0</rarity>
   <upgradeCost>
      <level>100</level> <!-- level 2 -->
      <level>20</level> <!-- level 3 -->
      <level>30</level> <!-- level 4 -->
      <level>40</level> <!-- level 5 -->
      <level>60</level> <!-- level 6 -->
      <level>80</level> <!-- level 7 -->
      <level>100</level> <!-- level 8 -->
      <level>120</level> <!-- Imaginary level 9 -->
   </upgradeCost>
   <cost>150</cost>
</systemBlueprint>
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Fenris

Postby Fenris » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:34 pm

I fixed the drone problem and added some more stuff.
Sorry I didn't see that.