Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
agigabyte

Re: Star Wars V1.2.1 Updated Ships

Postby agigabyte » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:36 pm

:)
The Swarm Lord

Postby The Swarm Lord » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:51 am

Sorry for the absence, but I have recently found more time to work on the mod. Right now, I'm going to try out texturing the new ships I posted earlier.
The Swarm Lord

Postby The Swarm Lord » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:55 am

Oh yes, and any suggestions for special events and enemy ships? Enemy ships at least need to be a corvette class or higher
The Swarm Lord

Postby The Swarm Lord » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:27 am

ok, going to release a pre-release of the enemy ships soon. It is still a bit buggy.
The Swarm Lord

Re: Star Wars V1.3 PRE-RELEASE

Postby The Swarm Lord » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:32 am

Ok, prerelease is up.
itchy01ca01

Postby itchy01ca01 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:36 am

Enemy Ships? The Yuuzhan Vong have some pretty weird looking ships but they could work. Or you could try the Trade Federation/Confederacy ships from the prequels.
The Swarm Lord

Postby The Swarm Lord » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:23 am

Well, advanced edition came out recently, and my mod is out of date. Anybody know how to update my mod?
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:20 am

The Swarm Lord wrote:Well, advanced edition came out recently, and my mod is out of date. Anybody know how to update my mod?

I'm not sure this is a complete list, but the most dangerous incompatibility between AE and vanilla FTL will be the need to define the artillery weapon for each and every one of your artillery-using ships. If you don't, the game'll crash. Other than that, I believe you'll have to dive into the new files and see what's new.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:43 am

Your player ship blueprints also need the new systems assigned to room, else they won't show up if the player buys these.
The Swarm Lord

Postby The Swarm Lord » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:06 am

Ok, recently fixed up the mod a bit for advanced edition. A few bugs so far
Pressing the arrow keys in the hangar crashes the game
Holes are appearing in the walls of ships
System room textures are leaving their rooms.

I'm not sure about why holes are appearing in the ships, or why clicking the arrows in the hangar crash the game, but I'm pretty sure that the system room textures are leaving their rooms because they no longer stretch or compress to their room layouts. I might either find a fix for this, or remove the room textures for ships all together.

Now for a bit of future plans
Now with the new anti drone defenses, I can now have the interceptors shoot down enemy drones. For missile defense, maybe the lower level interceptors can do that, but I'm not sure for now

The tool tips for ship systems such as drones or teleported will tell you which ships they are available for purchase

The new mini boss could be replaced with an executor class SSD that's under construction. It'll have no engines but can lash out massive damage.

The new final boss is a split between a battle with either the eclipse class, the executor, or the Death Star.

But anyways, I'll finally have more time to work on this. I've been mostly swamped with schoolwork giving me little time to work on it, but the work levels are slowly decreasing. I haven't had much contact with LordAshram recently, so if anybody wants to help with the ship skins, that'll be really helpful. The next version won't be much, just a more polished version of the pre-release with the 2 new carriers implemented, and a few new enemies which will remain unnamed for the time being :p For now, just wait a while. I'll release an update video soon on the new enemies and events coming up.