[MOD]Star Wars V1.3.1.02

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
The Swarm Lord

Re: [MOD]Star Wars V1.3.1.02

Postby The Swarm Lord » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:54 am

nahpiht wrote:nice mod is it still being worked on?

also is it compatible with captain's edition?

First question, Yes, but slowly due to schoolwork.

Second, question, Yes, it should work fine with Captains edition
Awesome Warlord

Postby Awesome Warlord » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:12 am

Tie Phantom Graphic :
Wilhuff_Tarkin

Postby Wilhuff_Tarkin » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:41 am

Ah I loved this mod before Advanced Edition, now to download it again. I love the option of truly overpowered ships such as the star destroyers to wipe out all that stand in your way, laughing at those who once stood a credible threat to you, and balanced ships were its a normal progression. Looking forward to its completion, good luck.
Wilhuff_Tarkin

Postby Wilhuff_Tarkin » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:57 am

Uh, broken in that every time I start it up it erases all of my progress, as in takes all of my unlocked ships (I have all but Slug C and Rock C unlocked) and just gives me Kestrel Cruiser A (Venator) removing all of my unlocks. Not exactly usable for a game like this.
Wilhuff_Tarkin

Postby Wilhuff_Tarkin » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:34 am

Never mind, working now.
Imbadatftl

Postby Imbadatftl » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:26 am

Dude this is really cool. The models are iffy though.
SoftisNeleris

Postby SoftisNeleris » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:57 am

Well, first off this mod looks really cool.

However, I seem to have an issue where the game instantly crashes upon clicking the "JUMP" button.
This makes it impossible to progress.
I downloaded the latest version [V1.3.1.02] and am using the Slipstream mod manager. I also do not have Advanced edition, and I have tried this with both modded and unmodded vanilla FTL.

A little help please? Thanks.
LordAshram

Postby LordAshram » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:57 pm

Just saying hi... I am back around. Glad to see this guy is still getting some run... You would think the new movies would help with that!:)

Wish I could install on my iPad!:)
NamesAreUseless

Postby NamesAreUseless » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:23 am

Is this mod still continuing, or is this mod dead?

I have definitely noticed there is a lack of consistency and quality control with the images used for the ships. I recently discovered this guy on DeviantArt that does 3D models of a large number of Star Wars Ships. I can't imagine there isn't a ship in this mod that this guy hasn't modelled! I strongly recommend asking this guy for permission to use his overhead ship images, and (for consistency's sake) replace all the current ships with the overhead images this guy has. You can not only find freighters, cruisers, etc, but also starfighters.

I think this mod could definitely focus more on its Galactic Civil War theme. Most player ships should be ships iconic to the Rebel Alliance, with maybe a few Republic and Separatist ships and (further down the line) you could actually unlock some Imperial ships. Popular named ships such as the Millennium Falcon should be unlockables for sure, not a Type A as is currently.

If this mod is still alive, I'm tempted to help, but unfortunately I don't know the first thing about FTL modding. I have been brainstorming what I think some of the playable ships should be (I must admit, I disagree with a few of the current ones, such as the Lucrehulk, which is actually over 2x the side of a Star Destroyer!).
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:45 am

NamesAreUseless wrote:Is this mod still continuing, or is this mod dead?

I have definitely noticed there is a lack of consistency and quality control with the images used for the ships. I recently discovered this guy on DeviantArt that does 3D models of a large number of Star Wars Ships. I can't imagine there isn't a ship in this mod that this guy hasn't modelled! I strongly recommend asking this guy for permission to use his overhead ship images, and (for consistency's sake) replace all the current ships with the overhead images this guy has. You can not only find freighters, cruisers, etc, but also starfighters.

I think this mod could definitely focus more on its Galactic Civil War theme. Most player ships should be ships iconic to the Rebel Alliance, with maybe a few Republic and Separatist ships and (further down the line) you could actually unlock some Imperial ships. Popular named ships such as the Millennium Falcon should be unlockables for sure, not a Type A as is currently.

If this mod is still alive, I'm tempted to help, but unfortunately I don't know the first thing about FTL modding. I have been brainstorming what I think some of the playable ships should be (I must admit, I disagree with a few of the current ones, such as the Lucrehulk, which is actually over 2x the side of a Star Destroyer!).

they need to replace the rebel flagship as well
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016