[SHIP] The Revenant

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Excelious

[SHIP] The Revenant

Postby Excelious » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:33 pm

*Hi there! This is my first mod, so there might be a few things wrong with it or it may be a bit over powered!* ;)

The Revenant is a modified Rock assault cruiser. Used as the flagship of the small paramilitary, Excelsior, the Revenant has been through many fierce battles and contains much advanced technology.

«[INFO
«Replaces the Kestrel A
«Has three crew, two Rockmen and one Crystal.
«Has 35 hull points instead of the standard 30.
«Has working gibs! :D

«[PICS
Outside view.

Inside view.

«[BALANCE
This ship might be a little overpowerd from the start, however I intended for this to be a modified Rock cruiser (because those missiles are a pain to use :evil:). The ship is focused around teleporter battles and has a pierce laser and small bomb for those pesky drones. Again, this might be a little OP ;) .

«[Download
Dead link removed - Ultramantis
To use this mod, install Grognak's Mod Manager and move the file into the "Mods" folder (must run FTL to have the folder!)

«[BACKSTORY/LORE
The skies around them were covered in ash from the orbital bombardment of the planet. The battle was almost won, but at what cost.

Over the course of months, the paramilitary Excelsior had been fighting to take the mining planet of Optyx away from the Rebels and grant it part of Federation space, allowing the Federation to get stronger materials to build their ships out of.

TL;DR
A Rock cruiser with cool weapons and a 4 man teleporter.

"Sir, the immediate area has been cleared of hostiles and we have armoured support on the way."
"Good, once we get that armour we shall make our final push into this rebel fortification and take the planet" responded Marshal Spectre. Along with Marshal Ghost, Spectre had been leading the campaign of Optyx, in hope for glory to to the Federation.
"Aye, Spectre. Excelious wants us to meet him back at the 5th mining facility.", Ghost said to Spectre on his comm.
"Tell him I'll be there in a few minutes", replied Spectre.
Spectre put the most experienced Brigadier in charge, and took a small shuttle back to the mining facility. Once there, Spectre noticed that the Revenant was landed, and wondered why.
"Today I have received valuable information from our intelligence force. In fact so valuable, that it could lead to an immediate halt to the Rebel threat." said Excelious.
"I request for you two to aid me on my quest and hope that you understand the importance of this."
"Yes sir" responded both marshals.
"Good, now I am assuming you both know the Revenant?" asked Excelious
"Of course we do."
"Great, however, this Revenant has been updated with newer technology. It has been painted black to help us stay hidden with space, and now has a teleporter installed with it"
The trio went onboard the Revenant, and opened up the star map.
"Our destination is 8 sectors away from the current location" said Excelious
"But that's where the Federation base is." said Spectre in confusion.
"Exactly".
Last edited by UltraMantis on Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: dead link removed
CyborgMantis

Re: [SHIP] The Revenant

Postby CyborgMantis » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:05 am

Awesome ship, it is good enough to be an actual ship :D
Excelious

Postby Excelious » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:46 pm

Aye, thanks!
That really means a lot to me, seeing as this was my first mod. :D
Last edited by Excelious on Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
heypeople2011

Postby heypeople2011 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:49 pm

It's a great ship, Excel!
:D
CyborgMantis

Postby CyborgMantis » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:35 am

Here's how my run worked,
I had a 1 person killing squad until sector 5
went to crystal sector
Killed everything with a ship with 6 crystal and 2 rock
Thunderr

Postby Thunderr » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:17 pm

I like the idea, I'll have to give it a run.
Excelious

Postby Excelious » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:54 pm

Yay.
gasomatic

Postby gasomatic » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:49 am

for some reason i am incapable of accessing the pictures of the ship as well as successfully acquiring the download site. i am not sure weather or not to press the download button that appears on mediafire.com. i have gotten multiple viruses from the site. please verify. :)
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:09 am

The link is inaccesible.

Code: Select all

File Belongs to Non-Validated Account.

The resource you are trying access belongs to an account that has not yet been validated
Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance.

EDIT - The download link gasomatic is reffering to is for a bs media converter app, NOT the mod itself. It's an add.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.