FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
RandomGamer342

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.273/Inf 1.267/EL 1.266

Postby RandomGamer342 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:28 pm

I found two buggy events at the starting civillian sector.
There's a beacon with an asteroid field that says a rebel automated ship is moving in from hiding to attack, but a ship never appears. You just have to wait for FTL to charge and jump away.
There's an event when you arrive at an exit beacon, and see a civillian trader ship with an empty cargo bay. You can offer to trade goods with the ship, but you never get the possibility to trade the ship after the "sell the augment or else you're cheating" notification. I bought space rations right before that exit beacon if it's of any help.

Link to savefiles from both these locations
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:29 am

RandomGamer342 wrote:I found two buggy events at the starting civillian sector.
There's a beacon with an asteroid field that says a rebel automated ship is moving in from hiding to attack, but a ship never appears. You just have to wait for FTL to charge and jump away.
There's an event when you arrive at an exit beacon, and see a civillian trader ship with an empty cargo bay. You can offer to trade goods with the ship, but you never get the possibility to trade the ship after the "sell the augment or else you're cheating" notification. I bought space rations right before that exit beacon if it's of any help.

Link to savefiles from both these locations

What mods were you running? I know CE Infinite has some problems with sectors in Deep Space and otherwise (such as vanilla sectors) that regular CE doesn't have.
RandomGamer342

Postby RandomGamer342 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:40 pm

stylesrj wrote:What mods were you running? I know CE Infinite has some problems with sectors in Deep Space and otherwise (such as vanilla sectors) that regular CE doesn't have.

Oh, right, forgot about that. This is my load order. It's pretty basic and doesn't have CE Infinite, so that possibility is ruled out.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:28 pm

Ok, I had this radical idea involving surrenders and the like...

You surrender to an enemy ship, they let you live and take your cargo. Perhaps there should be an option to "Chase after them" which spawns a quest beacon elsewhere in the sector (much like that Mantis Collector event although that was because they didn't mask their signatures very well the first time). Upon arrival, you end up facing another pirate ship that's bigger and badder or on the same level as the old one... or even in rare cases you encounter a Pirate Stealth Cruiser.

"Thanks to your generous donation of cargo, I've given my ship a few upgrades..."

And if you surrender "You're kidding, right? You went all this far to face me and you're surrendering again? Very well make me an offer."
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.274/Inf 1.267/EL 1.266

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:03 am

CE Update 1.274
- Non-pirate Rebel Pusher layout fixed
- Fixed selling certain goods to civlian traders not allowing to use their store afterwards
- Some typos fixed
- Some small fixes

Thanks to the couple people who are supporting me on Image, you are awesome!

stylesrj wrote:Ok, I had this radical idea involving surrenders and the like...

Sounds good. :) It would be a really rare encounter as players don't seem to surrender a whole lot.

RandomGamer342 wrote:There's a beacon with an asteroid field that says a rebel automated ship is moving in from hiding to attack, but a ship never appears. You just have to wait for FTL to charge and jump away.

Thanks for reporting those, has been fixed now.

Biohazard063 wrote:I've bought artillery once and that was it. None of them seem worth it even though I haven't tried them all yet. Maybe with a description stating what it does on every ship I might think otherwise.

Unfortunately that isn't possible due to modding restrictions. You can check what the individual artilleries do on the wiki.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:00 am

Sleeper Service wrote:Sounds good. :) It would be a really rare encounter as players don't seem to surrender a whole lot.

It might encourage a player to surrender more often :lol:
Perhaps if you defeat the pirate you can "loot their stash" after salvaging their ship. The stash might be empty, might have some of your loot or have all of it and some extra (LOW or MED scrap reward).

Or the stash might have drifted away (like that Slug event) and if you don't have advanced scanners or sensors or something, you miss out.

By the way, any plans to reduce the amount of trolling in blue events?
I remember a few versions ago I happened to be in a plague zone (uggh, thanks Infinite!) and having a Level 2 Medbay and Adaptive Gel Suits. So when I encountered "Colony hit by super plague" event (so no Engi, Rock or AI choice) there was an option to send down a quarantine team using those suits. So naturally you'd think "Blue event would prevent crew from dying at least"

Nope, the game decides to troll me with "Colony begins bombing from orbit. Rock falls."
So despite having made precautions, I still lost a crew member to RNG. Of course if I had a Clone Bay (but again, CE Infinite makes such things rare and expensive) then the Rock could have been revived rather than having the plague carry over but still... orbital bombing is not made immediately obvious from the event. It should be that if quarantine fails despite the suits, your crew falls back unharmed and you get no reward as bombing commences.

^ Yeah like that out of fuel event with the Rocks, I've found a new event to be miffed about.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:03 am

Despite that your crewmen just had a 25% chance of diying instead of the usual 50% in that event, but I can see where you're coming from. I guess the advanced gear your crew carries could allow them to retreat just in time.
spongeman131

Postby spongeman131 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:34 am

My game crashes as soon as I finish the loading screen.

I'm using the latest version of SMM

I'm using CE+CE Infinite (using load orders from OP).

I've deleted my profile from the Documents folder and verified my cache but I still crash and can't play. Vanilla works 100% fine. Help?
Lorxes

Postby Lorxes » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:55 am

Same Problem here. I'm using the latest SMM Version and the CE Resourcespack 1.27 + Captains Edition 1.274 linked on the first page. I allready tried all solutions in the troubleshouting section. Game crashes always at the end of the first loading screen =/
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:23 am

Silent update to 1.274
-Fixed a bad text in event.xml.append

(Re-download and it should work now.)