FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.263/Inf 1.26/EL 1.26b

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:40 pm

I'm pretty sure that using the Targeting Jammer on the Flagship currently already jamms one bar of all artillery weapons. You can check the events if you like... I'm pretty sure this is actually taking effect.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:44 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:I'm pretty sure that using the Targeting Jammer on the Flagship currently already jamms one bar of all artillery weapons. You can check the events if you like... I'm pretty sure this is actually taking effect.

I tested it and it does not seem to affect the artillery speed. At least on the first two phases, maybe it works on the third. Sorry... I could be wrong though, or maybe something has changed since I tested it, but I tested it after you made the weapon jammer affect artillery.

Sleeper Service wrote:CE Update 1.263
- Advanced FTL navigation now also enables faster hyperspace travel

I honestly think it would be better to just combine the Advanced FTL Navigation augment with Advanced Prox. Navigation and call it Adv. Nav. Computer or something.

The reasoning behind this is that Advanced FTL Navigation is one of the worst, if not the worst, augment I the game. There are very few situations where it is useful because normally you don't want to be jumping to visited beacons. Advanced Prox. Navigation also offers some interesting blue options, but no enough to make it really worth while. By combining the two, it might make the Adv. Nav. Computer augment more worth considering.

Also by not having it increase Hyperspace Travel it keeps the FTL booster augment more unique.
WasbeerSyndicate

Postby WasbeerSyndicate » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:06 pm

Good day,

I have a small question considering the patching of the mod(s). For some reason, SMM gives (a lot) of warnings while patching that say it's skipping certain xml files. I have no clue as to what or why this is happening, nor whether it influences the game (though my guess it that it probably does).

Now usually the game -runs- decently enough, but a few minutes ago, while wanting to jump from one beacon to the next, my game froze. Same result after multiple tries, from differing beacons. I guess this probably has something to do with the skipping of these certain files, of which one could probably have been needed at that beacon for some reason.

What may also be worth mentioning, I haven't had to update any mod yet, I got all the newest versions of SMM and the mods I'm using (all of which are mentioned/recommended on this page and in the correct loading order).

Does anyone have a clue as to what's happening here and how to solve it? Because I'd hate to have this happen every time once I get far into the game...

Thanks in advance

(Edit: It's saying things like: 'WARN ModPatchThread - Clobbering earlier mods/Skipping junk file : -name of file-'
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:36 pm

The warnings have nothing to do with that. There might be something wrong with the event on the beacon. Can you provide some details (sector name, beacon type if possible)? Jumping around that beacon might work, you can also wait till the fleet overtakes as a last resort. In general the mod seems to be pretty stable, so things like that should happen only rarely.
WasbeerSyndicate

Postby WasbeerSyndicate » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:11 pm

I actually started a new game because I, eh.. am too impatient for something like this haha.
As far as I remember, it was in sector 1, and it seemed like a normal beacon. Although that may not say much, as I didn't have any radar/mapping augments.

Do you happen to know something to solve the issue with skipping junk files and those other warnings? Because apparently, some things in the game do get affected. This one time I had the portraits of my crew members displayed above the station they were located instead of the simple white person icons (I mean above the current energy usage levels). People also actually made a sound when they died, both things which occurred to me in just one case of a playthrough.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:30 pm

That does not happen normally. Maybe try re-downloading the modfiles.
ninjew

Postby ninjew » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:06 am

okaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy i need help. i cannot seem to find out how to install the various extension mods for ce they just pop up as ftl files. is there a way i can convert them into .ftls
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:21 am

ninjew wrote:okaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy i need help. i cannot seem to find out how to install the various extension mods for ce they just pop up as ftl files. is there a way i can convert them into .ftls

They're...supposed to be ftl files! Why would you convert them into .ftls format? That's not even a format?
And if they're already ftl files, why would you convert them to .ftl ?
ninjew

Postby ninjew » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:26 am

NarnKar wrote:
ninjew wrote:okaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy i need help. i cannot seem to find out how to install the various extension mods for ce they just pop up as ftl files. is there a way i can convert them into .ftls

They're...supposed to be ftl files! Why would you convert them into .ftls format? That's not even a format?
And if they're already ftl files, why would you convert them to .ftl ?

yeah i didn't phrase that right. okay lets start over. What should the ce mods look like when i download them and where should i download them too
ninjew

Postby ninjew » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:31 am

okay all my mods are saved as file type .ftl but the captain edition mods are not. the are just folders full of .xmls that wont run with slipstrean