FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Chrono Vortex

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.277b/Inf 1.267/EL 1.275

Postby Chrono Vortex » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:37 am

Sleeper Service wrote:At the beginning of this year we started to make our own game. It is called Hyperspace Admirals.

I know this was kinda a while ago but I wanted to bring it up again because from what I can tell there's not as many people from the FTL modding scene that are as interested in Hyperspace Admirals as I am as I would have expected. I'm hoping there'll be more people getting ready to mod HA pretty soon, because it's looking like there's gonna be lot's of room for it. And speaking of modding HA...
Commander's Edition, anybody? The instant I saw the HA logo I just had to make this. I know I couldn't make a mod on this scale myself, I'll need help. hopefully that'll act as some incentive to look into HA's development and modding possibilities a little more.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
R4V3-0N

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.279/Inf 1.267/EL 1.275

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:46 am

I think the main reason why not much activity on the forums is that people are to shy to and we barely know anything to talk about.

For eg the suggestions tab is mainly a "suggestion but also a question because I have no idea half of what the game will be... all I know is it is FTL with fleets and it isn't a first person shooter".
I do try to be active there- but I simply do not have much to talk about ^^;
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:57 am

Chrono Vortex wrote:I know this was kinda a while ago but I wanted to bring it up again because from what I can tell there's not as many people from the FTL modding scene that are as interested in Hyperspace Admirals as I am as I would have expected.
Well to be fair there isn't much to be interested in yet, cause the game is still in a very early stage. Work is being done obviously (we got some sweet planets going lately), but modding HA is still far down the line. I'd assume more people will get into it once we have ingame screenshots, the first trailer and get picked up by the press more, all things we expect to happen within this year. But again, we really appreciate your interest Chrono, you are amazing! :D Making the game modding friendly is one of our major design goals that already features into everything we do right now, so we hope to give you a lot of stuff to play around with at the end.

But yeah, if anyone wants more info on what is going on with HA you can check out our dev blog or follow us on twitter. Stay tuned for more dev updates in the coming months.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:10 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Well to be fair there isn't much to be interested in yet, cause the game is still in a very early stage. Work is being done obviously (we got some sweet planets going lately), but modding HA is still far down the line. I'd assume more people will get into it once we have ingame screenshots, the first trailer and get picked up by the press more, all things we expect to happen within this year. But again, we really appreciate your interest Chrono, you are amazing! :D Making the game modding friendly is one of our major design goals that already features into everything we do right now, so we hope to give you a lot of stuff to play around with at the end.

But yeah, if anyone wants more info on what is going on with HA you can check out our dev blog or follow us on twitter. Stay tuned for more dev updates in the coming months.

Well, if you're looking for someone to spread the word through a preview video or something, you know where to find me. ;)

The joke being that a vid on my channel probably won't get you that much of advertisement. :|
Though if you have a trailer or something, I wouldn't mind putting it up as well.
I will be keeping my eye on development.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:40 am

just got an event in a nebula against an ai that had the only options as "continue..." and "continue..." at it's opening text
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
This

Postby This » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:08 pm

Hey, I get a crash when I jump to a specific beacon. I tried jumping from different locations but it still crashes.
I took a bunch of screenshots of the ship and sector info as you said in the OP so here you go. The highlighted beacon is the one that crashes: http://imgur.com/zHQFnqr,0uEKjOk,47PpZpz,XKySyn4

Also if it's any help, I'm using the following mods (loaded in that order):

Code: Select all

Alpha - The sM Polish Kit for Advanced Edition.ftl
Expanded Enemy Window 1.2.ftl
CE Resource Pack 1.27.ftl
FTL Captains Edition 1.279.ftl
CE Infinite Addon 1.267.ftl
EL Texture Pack 1.27.ftl
CE Endless Loot Addon for CE Infinite 1.275.ftl
CE Non-EL Enemy Loadouts Addon 1.26.ftl
Patch - The sMPK for Captains Edition.ftl
Patch - The sMPK for CE Infinite.ftl
Module - Enhanced Systems for sMPK-CEi.ftl
Randtrel.ftl
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:21 pm

This wrote:Words

I just did a quick passthrough of all elements on my side of things, and I'm not spotting anything immediately apparent to point out. Mod Load Order appears to be A-OK, and the kit patch doesn't interfere with any nebula ship beacons to my recent knowledge.
polobow

Postby polobow » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:46 pm

Hey all. Enjoying all these mods greatly, love the work each person has put into it. Contributing back with a crash report.

Mods:

Code: Select all

Expanded Enemy Window 1.2.ftl
CE Resource Pack 1.27.ftl
FTL Captains Edition 1.279.ftl
CE Infinite Addon 1.267.ftl
EL Texture Pack 1.27.ftl
CE Endless Loot Addon for CE Infinite 1.275.ftl
randomFlagship.ftl

Images here.
Game crashes as soon as I click continue.
polobow

Postby polobow » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:51 am

For future crash reports, is it possible to upload a save file? Must be much more convenient for debugging.