FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Russian Rockman

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.263/Inf 1.26/EL 1.26b

Postby Russian Rockman » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:50 am

ninjew wrote:okay all my mods are saved as file type .ftl but the captain edition mods are not. the are just folders full of .xmls that wont run with slipstrean

:? :? :?
If English is not your language I understand. If it is, I would ask you to collect your thoughts and give a more detailed description of what you are doing and what is the problem.

It sounds like you are opening up the CE folders and trying to put the .xml files in slipstream or something? I can't tell.

What you should do is download CE, the Resource pack, and any "extensions" you want. :!: Don't do anything else :!: to the files. Just download them and put them into Slipstream mod manager's "mods" folder. You must also arrange them in the Slipstream menu into the order specified on the OP.

There is a new version of Slipstream too, 1.6 I believe, in case that is your problem.

There really isn't much I can say...
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:18 am

So I'm back playing FTL again...
And I've already hit a problem. Or something hilarious.

I encountered a Mantis colony with PDS guns, so I thought "Crap, better deal with the ship quickly."
However I was out of range of the guns already so I thought "Cool, take it down quickly and those guns won't be a problem."

As soon as I unpaused the game though, the ship immediately started retreating "after taking heavy damage." Ummm... what? I hadn't even fired at you yet! I let him go though, because I was in no shape for dealing with boarders. Did I mention how much I hate boarders in CE Infinite? Every other beacon is a boarding event and I don't have any good crew. Just Engies! :x

Also, I hate radiation weapons. It seems every other ship as well has an O2 drainer. Did I say anything before about not minding radiation weapons? Well now I do! Arrghh!
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:22 am

stylesrj wrote:Also, I hate radiation weapons. It seems every other ship as well has an O2 drainer. Did I say anything before about not minding radiation weapons? Well now I do! Arrghh!

Doesn't the radiation get stopped (anymore) by a level 3 O2 system?
Probably not the highest on the priority list on the Infinite add-on...
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
Krazyguy75

Postby Krazyguy75 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:37 am

stylesrj wrote:I encountered a Mantis colony with PDS guns, so I thought "Crap, better deal with the ship quickly."
However I was out of range of the guns already so I thought "Cool, take it down quickly and those guns won't be a problem."

As soon as I unpaused the game though, the ship immediately started retreating "after taking heavy damage." Ummm... what? I hadn't even fired at you yet! I let him go though, because I was in no shape for dealing with boarders.

That's probably because of CE's ship prefixes, which probably started the ship with low health. I'm guessing you started the fight paused, and unpausing caused the game to check health. Whereupon it noticed the low health and tried to run away.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:46 am

Biohazard063 wrote:Doesn't the radiation get stopped (anymore) by a level 3 O2 system?
Probably not the highest on the priority list on the Infinite add-on...

Not to mention it's expensive.
A Teleporter Disruptor would be really nice too. That needs to be more readily available in Infinite. :lol:
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:52 am

Also, major bug in the game... I've noticed that if you disrupt mind control and then destroy the ship with a direct hit to the system, the game seems to close to desktop without a warning or error message. Or at least that's what I think are the circumstances leading to it.

My crashlog says this much:

Code: Select all

Version =  1.5.13

Stack Trace:

1 - 0x005fe3df
2 - 0x0065da28
3 - 0x00751b5b
4 - 0x004010fd
5 - 0x77069f72 RtlInitializeExceptionChain
6 - 0x77069f45 RtlInitializeExceptionChain

Any clues?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:34 pm

I'd assume that there is a lot of hardcoding related to mind control and limiting the system seems to interfere a lot with that. I'll test some alternatives to the current functionality of the mind shielding. This will most likely get fixed by combining firewall plating and mind shielding into one aug, with a diminished mindcontroll scrambe-effect...
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:37 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:I'd assume that there is a lot of hardcoding related to mind control and limiting the system seems to interfere a lot with that. I'll test some alternatives to the current functionality of the mind shielding. This will most likely get fixed by combining firewall plating and mind shielding into one aug, with a diminished mindcontroll scrambe-effect...

I think you should avoid combining those two augments together unless you absolutely have to! I really don't like the idea of having them be the same thing. I don't think there should be an augment with the potential to disrupt more than one type of system, except for the Internal Effector. :|

Even if you have to make the Firewall Plating and Mind Shielding only work on level 1 & 2 systems seperately I'd be ok with that.

I don't think the devs would have coded mind control in such a way that limiting it and then destroying the system would crash the game, but there is some incredibly strange hardcoding in this game... :?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:24 pm

If mind shielding crashes the game once lowering mind control to zero then the alternative would be limiting the system to one bar instead. This also requires testing first, but if this actually works without problems than it would not make for a great aug on its own anymore. The "Advanced Plating" could work the same for hacking them, heavily diminishing its effect but not removing it alltogether.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:59 am

So is mind control the only system that causes this weird crash? Or do all the new systems do that if they are reduced to 0 and then destroyed? Have you tried limiting the system to 0? That would probably cause the same thing, but you never know...