FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Epsilon Carinae

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.272/Inf 1.267/EL 1.266

Postby Epsilon Carinae » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:02 pm

Suggestion: Make player artillery a separate submod. Or something like that.
I am an innocent ant in an unforgiving world.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:13 pm

So I was playing CE for some hours on my 2 week cruise and I've encountered a problem or two.

You know that event with the Engies wanting to recover the Stealth Cruiser and you fight those Rebel ships (one is the decoy and the other isn't) well there's a problem with it.

I encountered the decoy ship and after I damaged them enough, I asked for intel and they said "We're the decoy! Ha ha sucker!"
Angry, I decided they must die and opened fire on them. The event text said "After negotiations they move out of weapons range" as if the event was about a cargo transfer with a civilian ship or something.
I wasn't even given the moral choice option (you're breaking a truce after all I guess).

But it was no matter for it meant nothing as combat immediately resumed and I wiped them out with no consequences.

Then when I encountered the real carrier, after getting the info, my ONLY option was to let them go. Why should I let those Rebel scum go after getting what I wanted? I still want their scrap and at least I should get a moral choice about truce-breaking.

------------------

Also, minor suggestion:

When exploring an asteroid field, there should be an option that your level 3-4 shields allow the equivalent of Rock Plating or something or at least avoid damage from the rocks in the event.
DrPoopasaurusRex

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.271/Inf 1.267/EL 1.266

Postby DrPoopasaurusRex » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:01 am

Krazyguy75 wrote:
DrPoopasaurusRex wrote:I am dying to play this, but the game keeps crashing. Any clue what be causing this? It happens at random times. Often immediately when I start playing. Once I've gotten as far as one sector in but it usually crashes before that at right after I jump to a new place.

I have Windows 7, I'm using SMM, I have CE and the Resource pack and they both appear to be working fine. I've never had the game crash when playing just un-modded FTL.

What's your mod order?

CE Resource Pack 1.27
FTL Captains Edition 1.271

I tried switching them around too. It's very strange it just freezes at random times within 5 minutes of trying to play.
Krazyguy75

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.271/Inf 1.267/EL 1.266

Postby Krazyguy75 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:10 am

I guess just try verifying integrity of game cache, then reinstalling everything, and hope it works the second time around. I can't see anything you are doing wrong..?
Tyler37

Postby Tyler37 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:28 am

Hi,

registered just to post this.

CE crashes each time I start a new game (Hangar seems to work just fine). No error message at all.

Tried redownloading and reinstalling everything.

Mod order is very simple:

CE Resource Pack 1.27

I'm using Win XP. Is that the problem?

When I try to run it with both CE and BPaB, I get error: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library - Runtime Error (the moment game finishes starting up)

Played CE months ago with no problem on the same PC.

Tried
Noobjuice

Postby Noobjuice » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:09 pm

I noticed that the CE Vanilla Portraits Patch isn’t compatible with Gencools new crew sprites, so I made a new version that works with them. This one sets the first frame of the walking animation as the portrait frame, so it should work with any future changes, too.

DOWNLOAD: CE Vanilla Portraits Patch V2

Also, I'm a big fan of Gencools new floating Zoltan, so I made a patch that integrates them into CE – including adding a CE-style portraits with glowing eyes and clothes. It comes in three flavours: one without clothing, one with Gencool’s clothing and one with clothing that matches the CE colours. I’ve also included screenshots to help users choose the version they like.

DOWNLOAD: CE Crew'D Zoltan Patch

Tyler37 wrote:CE crashes each time I start a new game (Hangar seems to work just fine). No error message at all.

CE Resource Pack 1.27

When I try to run it with both CE and BPaB, I get error: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library - Runtime Error (the moment game finishes starting up)

Hm, it sounds like your SMM Backup might be corrupted. Try deleting the contents of SMM's backup folder, do a fresh install of FTL and run SMM to get a clean backup. I had a similar problem a while back and that did the trick for me. 8-)
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:38 pm

Noobjuice wrote:I noticed that the CE Vanilla Portraits Patch isn’t compatible with Gencools new crew sprites, so I made a new version that works with them. This one sets the first frame of the walking animation as the portrait frame, so it should work with any future changes, too.

DOWNLOAD: CE Vanilla Portraits Patch V2

Also, I'm a big fan of Gencools new floating Zoltan, so I made a patch that integrates them into CE – including adding a CE-style portraits with glowing eyes and clothes. It comes in three flavours: one without clothing, one with Gencool’s clothing and one with clothing that matches the CE colours. I’ve also included screenshots to help users choose the version they like.

DOWNLOAD: CE Crew'D Zoltan Patch

Thanks NoobJuice!!!! I haven't had the time to update the Vanilla Portrait's patch to integrate Gencool's additions so I'm glad you took the initiative to do it!!!! Great work.
Wow_Such_Doge

Postby Wow_Such_Doge » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:13 am

Mediafire links don't seem to be working for me. Download starts at 31 kbit/s, then goes down to 0 and gets stuck there. Mediafire has been like that for a few days now. Can you upload the files to Mega.co.nz or something?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:23 am

Sweet, thanks for that. I updated the download link in the op.
Tyler37

Postby Tyler37 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:57 pm

Tyler37 wrote:CE crashes each time I start a new game (Hangar seems to work just fine). No error message at all.

CE Resource Pack 1.27

Hm, it sounds like your SMM Backup might be corrupted. Try deleting the contents of SMM's backup folder, do a fresh install of FTL and run SMM to get a clean backup. I had a similar problem a while back and that did the trick for me. 8-)

Tried that several times. On different versions of FTL.

Can someone please direct me to a link to older versions of CA? Perhaps that will make it work.