FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
elijahdb

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.284/Inf 1.28/EL 1.282

Postby elijahdb » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:01 pm

Sure! That should be pretty easy.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
elijahdb

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.284/Inf 1.28/EL 1.282

Postby elijahdb » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:53 pm

Aand done!

The Slug ships remind me of bumblebees.

And here's the download links.

Slug Pirate-> http://www.dreniarb.com/elijah/Type_C_Hulls/Slug%20Pirate.zip
Mantis Pirate-> http://www.dreniarb.com/elijah/Type_C_Hulls/Mantis%20Pirate.zip
Zoltan Pirate-> http://www.dreniarb.com/elijah/Type_C_Hulls/Zoltan%20Pirate.zip

If there's anything that needs corrected please let me know.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.285/Inf 1.28/EL 1.282

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:18 pm

CE Update 1.285
- Added some recent patreon supporters to the names list
- Changed certain AE themed enemies to use the new type C ship graphics
- Pulled some spell checking from the new git repo

CE Resource Pack 1.285
- Added more type c variants for Mantis, Slug and Zoltan enemies (made by elijahdb)
- Added more type c pirate variants for Mantis, Slug and Zoltan enemies (made by elijahdb)
- Changed type c Rock enemies to smooth hulls (made by Qwerty343D)
Enclave

Postby Enclave » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:30 pm

Okay so I followed the instructions and set my load order properly and I don't have any conflicting mods but fore some reason I don't see some of the new ships that this mod adds instead I just float black boxes, floating weapons, and a layout but no ship texture. I have the textures loaded correctly so I don't know what the issue is. Also I am running Endless Loot but I have both of the required files installed properly as well.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:11 pm

Can you specify the ship class of those enemies? (the class shown at the top of the enemy window)
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:08 pm

I saw messed up ships as well and I took screenshots. I found a Rebel Interceptor, a Pirate Invader, which was a Rebel Rigger, I could tell by the room shape, and a Pirate Disrupter without their hull and gib images.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:27 pm

Ok, resource pack has been updated. Please let me know if any problems persist.

CE Resource Pack 1.285b
- re-added some missing ship graphics
Aphid

Postby Aphid » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:42 pm

I've got some interesting bugs with EL: The 'Light chain Vulcan' can get 'Stalking' reducing its cooldown from 6/5/4/3/2/1 to 4/3/2/1/0/-1. '-1' seconds cooldown makes it unable to fire, which would render this weapon rather useless in the hands of the AI. The player can de- and re-power it to get a weapon that is still 'somewhat' effective.

A similar problem happens with some of the 'gray-white' coloured 4-shot charge lasers. These might be 'extra shot' or something of that nature: they will sometimes never be fired by the enemy. They work for the player though.

Perhaps 'Chain' type weapons that reduce in cooldown should have the benefits of such prefixes that reduce their cooldown such as 'custom' or 'stalking' applied to their final cooldown? E.g. a Chain Laser with Stalking would get a CD of 10/7/4/1 second instead of the usual 16/13/10/7. If you applied it to the final cooldown instead you would get something like 13/10/7/4, which is fairer. Firing a shot every .5 seconds for 2 power is of course very silly. I've never actually found this combination so it's possible it got removed.

Also, most of the stuff from 'EL' rounds to whole seconds. This is actually quite silly as well: many of the CE weapons have cooldowns that are only a few seconds long. Thus, in many cases the diffrence between 10% or 20% cooldown reduction (or increase) gets rounded away afterwards. E.g. "Substandard" asteria misiles won't really be much diffrent from "Regular" or "Custom" versions of the same weapon.

Of course, you can get some silly combinations, or weapons that don't really work that well. Though one weapon you might want to really, look into is the 'healing' type weapon, e.g. repair burst weapons or healing bombs. Adding crew damage, fires, or system damage as if they were regular bombs to these is very silly. Perhaps these could have some prefixes removed or ones that synergize introduced. The really only useful version of these is the base version, so I rarely get to ever use them.

Edit: There's a couple more bugged weapons:

Chain Ion' with the ' Heavy' prefix indicates it gains regular damage instead of ion damage like it should. Several other ion weapons may have this problem as well. (Disregarding the fact that a Chain Heavy Ion would still be terrible). Shrapnel Light Anti Crew Stun drone indicates it has 'Shredder' instead of Shrapnel. Several other similar drones exist so these may exhibit the same problem.
Last edited by Aphid on Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Panlew

Postby Panlew » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:20 am

Why isn't the Vanilla Portraits Patch working?
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:46 pm

Alright, in like 1:41 am in the morning I randomly had an idea for the Effector drones/ Bomb Drones that are in the sad drones section.

Like, our problem currently is that both uses the bomb mechanics to launch a projectile in and to do bomby stuff- bypassing shields, can miss, etc. However the problem with these drones is that they can not use bombs at all and that it may not be practical to use say an invisible laser with the hit animation to do the normal effects of the effect or strike. ((for bomb drones it's not as easy, this is mostly for the effector drones): Perhaps you have a bomb teleport in a split second and explode with the UI prompt saying Bomb explosion detected or what ever.). The problem with this is that you can't make it a 5 shield piercing weapon due to the fact that the effector is an ion weapon thus it'll interact with the shields which is not intended.
However what happens if you increase the projectile speed to be extremely fast to the point that the shields won't even register the hit of the effectors projectile? I know very fast projectiles bypass Zoltan Shields but I am unfamiliar on how fast projectiles interact with regular shields.

Is this practical or?...
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.