FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.295/Inf 1.28/EL 1.295

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:57 pm

I find it kinda weird to ask people to discuss their own mod in other peoples thread. I'd prefer this thread to remains on topic, since I'm not really interested in having to read through feedback for your distro in order to find the stuff that actually concerns me. Have people discuss your mod elsewhere please.
Sharky06

Postby Sharky06 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:23 am

I have encountered a bug. I was using the Bulwark and I reached an event at the exit of a sector. It said something along the lines of A federation encrypted signal said a rebel scout is harrasing the outpost. Upon sparing and then blowing them up, the blue rock ship option didn't show up and I lost one of my rock crew members. Please fix.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:35 am

That's because you're a Rock ship, not a bunch of dirty, betraying Slugs.
Did they not teach you that in pirate school? :P
Sharky06

Postby Sharky06 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:02 am

stylesrj wrote:That's because you're a Rock ship, not a bunch of dirty, betraying Slugs.
Did they not teach you that in pirate school? :P

Earlier that gameplay session I got a blue option after committing the same action in another event stating the "You command a mighty rock vessel..." or something similar?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:33 am

Sharky06 wrote:Earlier that gameplay session I got a blue option after committing the same action in another event stating the "You command a mighty rock vessel..." or something similar?

Are you sure it was for the same action and not just piracy in general? Because what you're describing there is truce-breaking.
Tamren

Postby Tamren » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:43 pm

I've been greatly enjoying CE, thanks for the great work!

However I did run into a few bugs.

1. Sometimes when a rebel or AI cruiser jumps in to attack me they immediately attempt to jump away even if their language says they're gonna destroy me.

2. When I did the mission chain for the collector I did all 5 fetch quests and then turned them in. My reward was scrap and an advanced cloaking augment. However It didn't actually give me the augment because I was already full up. It didn't give me the option to pick which augments to keep and which to leave behind because the dialog moved on to the AI wishing to join my ship.

3. When I installed the Infinite mode addon to Captains Edition it changed the AI portraits to human and the sprite of the crew on my ship is no longer glowy, but a slightly transparent human.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:56 pm

Tamren wrote:1. Sometimes when a rebel or AI cruiser jumps in to attack me they immediately attempt to jump away even if their language says they're gonna destroy me.

I think it's a matter of health. Some AI ships have like 5HP which triggers their "Retreat Event."
Also, by any chance are you out of fuel when they attack you? Because that's a standard thing FTL uses to break stalemates

2. When I did the mission chain for the collector I did all 5 fetch quests and then turned them in. My reward was scrap and an advanced cloaking augment. However It didn't actually give me the augment because I was already full up. It didn't give me the option to pick which augments to keep and which to leave behind because the dialog moved on to the AI wishing to join my ship.

You can go into the Ship Menu and your cargo hold to pick and choose the augments you want to keep.
Right?
Tamren

Postby Tamren » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:39 am

OH. Right that's what happened. When the collector AI joined my crew I had to tab over to the equipment menu AFTER picking which crew member to discard in order to pick and choose which augment to keep. It never occurred to me to do that because I don't think that situation ever pops up in vanilla FTL, or at least it didn't in the 200 odd hours I played with it.

Couple things I can't figure out.

I just found a Heavy Scatter Laser. What's special about it? It seems to be fast firing and powerful, but has -1 system damage. So it does 2 system damage instead of 3? Scatter lasers are the only weapon without a description in the wiki.

Also when I upgraded my Helm to level 4 in Infinite mode, it says it adds a "damage buffer". What does that actually mean in game terms?
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:58 am

Tamren wrote: What's special about it? It seems to be fast firing and powerful, but does not damage systems.

The Heavy Scatter Laser Mark I is like a cheaper heavy laser but does half the system damage and is 1 second faster. I think the fire chance is also better. The Mark II on the other hand is different. It does 3 damage and 1 less system damage but costs 2 power.
Tamren wrote:Scatter lasers are the only weapon without a description in the wiki.

Uh, no. Normal Bombs, Flak Weapons and Plasma Throwers, among others are still missing. About two weeks or so ago I was frustrated by the lack of structure with the Weapons and Drones sections of the wiki, so I revamped them and added some stuff. To be honest I'm not really sure why I stopped, I guess I got kinda bored and also nobody seems to have cared about it; there haven't been many large contributions to the wiki before my thing.

To get some sort of scale of what I did, previously the Drones section just told you about the new CE stuff in a nutshell, but didn't get into specifics about each drone, so I added them. Like I said, at some point I got distanced away and just stopped, so that section is still missing a good chunk. The Weapons section had different weapon types sections with different formatting and wording, so I reformed that and I added a bunch of missing stuff.

There's still a bunch of stuff missing, like the Heavy Scatter Laser, but also Light Lasers, etc. So I guess thanks for the heads up, but my interest in reforming it has waned. I just find it kind of shocking that the wiki is in such a mess like that, what with so much time passing but there was such a lack of structure up until now. However, wikia's editing thing is also partly to blame. Why did they make it so annoying to edit things?

Aaaand I rambled. Always happens late at night. Feeling meh. :|
Tamren

Postby Tamren » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:23 am

Ah, I didn't notice the other missing wiki entries because almost all of the CE weapons either have an adequate description or the tip box tell you what you need to know about it. The heavy scatter laser II on the other hand just says "it's like a scatter laser but better" and the tip window only tells you how to equip the weapon.