FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Nighty

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.299/Inf 1.299/EL 1.299

Postby Nighty » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:07 am

Sector ? Contested Deep Space, don't know what sector of actual "map" is that, jumping menu only says this information. Should install new version of mod to check if it changes something or it gonna wipe save? (not that can do anything with it anyway, in the meantime copied save away and played with different ship)
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:02 am

Nighty wrote:Sector ? Contested Deep Space, don't know what sector of actual "map" is that, jumping menu only says this information. Should install new version of mod to check if it changes something or it gonna wipe save? (not that can do anything with it anyway, in the meantime copied save away and played with different ship)
I'm tracking these crashes but they seem super rare and it's hard to pin down the exact event that causes them. You might be better off continuing with you other runs, the current update hasn't touched events much at all, it's probably still there.
Nighty

Postby Nighty » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:15 am

Hmm, okay thanks, anyway, say if will need that save for any reason though, maybe something would show up in console (if there is any) or anything that gives game info in FTL.
blancfaye7

Postby blancfaye7 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:27 am

Alright! New update! Going in to check if some bugs still exists, and if some spelling errors are still present. I'll do my best to help.

I will edit this post for more information later.

EDIT 1: Kind of a very minor detail, but the latest post and the changelogs of Sleeper Service has a Endless Loot 1.298 For CE Infinite, while the current version of Download link is 1.299 (which I think is more correct since the past version was 1.298).

EDIT 2: The bugs I have stated in this post about Saving then going back to game still exists. Quoting here for easier reading.

blancfaye7 wrote:When I relaunch FTL CE, the events on the specific sector I exited from have... changed.
E.G. I was in a store, where in I am in a menu of choosing trade goods. I exited from there, then when I came back, I received... a free weapon out of nowhere, and the trade goods menu have disappeared.
Being annoyed by this, I was cautious too when this happened.

The next time I went to another Store sector, I made it clear to myself to buy trade goods whenever the menu pops up.
Checked the store, saw crew members being sold. Saw a good crew member but I decided to buy him later so I exited the game.
When I came back to the game again, The crew member list changed!!!
The names changed, even the skill sets and even their color! The races remained intact, though.
I tried to exit the game again but when I came back the crew list persisted this time.
I did this again when I went to the Store of another new sector, and I have confirmed that the crew list DOES change the first time you exit the game, but if you exit the game twice from there on out, the crew data in store persists.

There was this another bug where I need to take a break from FTL, and I was in the Flagship Sector. I was on the 2nd phase of Rebel Flagship.
When I exited the game and came back again after a few hours, the Flagship was... acting weird.
I chose to wait at Base sector, but the Flagship was going away!
It went to another Sector, and this sector is just a random-rebel-taken sector.
This is where Flagship was attracted, BUT with a message on the top: "Number of turns before Base is destroyed: 3".
I was surprised... I mean, come on. Somehow that random sector is treated as THE BASE.
Another weird thing is that Flagship isn't staying there for more than 1 turn.
The moment he reaches that point, when the player ship moves or waits, he moves to another sector, then goes back in there with the message.

EDIT 3: I am happy that the CE crew is back on CE Infinite. :). But I noticed that the crew price range isn't right... In CE Regular they were supposed to be regular, if you know what I mean... lol. But in CE Infinite, The other Aliens must have been more expensive than usual. I remember the Rock costing around 200 scrap, rather than around 50 to 60.
Current Written Work: Planet Gradius
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.299/Inf 1.299b/EL 1.299

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:16 pm

Oops, yeah I missed that price change. Fixed now.

CE Infinite Addon 1.299b
- Fixed crew not being sold at prices adjusted for infinite

CE Endless Loot 1.299 for CE and CE Endless Loot 1.299b for CE Infinite
- Fixed crew not being sold at prices adjusted for infinite

blancfaye7 wrote:The bugs I have stated in this post about Saving then going back to game still exists. Quoting here for easier reading.
That one is out of my control unfortunately. Seems to be a vanilla thing, or at least there are similar bugs reported for vanilla (drone system for sale change drones that come bundled with it when saving and continuing the game). You can get around that stuff somehow by not saving at stores. The flagship stuff is super weird, but I have no idea in which way CE can cause this, so I have no way to fix it. Please keep in mind that we are screwing around with a game that was never really intended to be modded. Some stuff is simply out of my control.
blancfaye7

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.299/Inf 1.299b/EL 1.299b

Postby blancfaye7 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:13 pm

Alright! Noted. I will let it pass, and I think the Flagship bug is something that Vanilla FTL would cause as well... if it was out of your reach to begin with.
Nice updates and quick responses. :D

Downloading the updates now and see if I can find anymore problems. Thanks a lot for this mod.

EDIT 1:
Current Mod: CE Infinite.
Zoltan Ship where I chose to seize their cargo by force and I used Requisition License. After damaging them as much, this appeared.

EDIT 2:
"[...]YOU reconfigure[...]"

EDIT 3:
There should be some way in CE Infinite to choose whether you want to Jump later to Deep Space when you reach a sector with the Exit beacon. Sometimes there are several sectors that are past behind the Exit beacon, and I want to explore them before iI go to another Deep Space.

EDIT 4:
"[...]double CHECKS YOUR license[...]"
Last edited by blancfaye7 on Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:08 am, edited 5 times in total.
Current Written Work: Planet Gradius
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:24 pm

I noticed something a little odd in the pirate store (STORE_OUTLAW)

if you don't have a cargo teleporter or aren't a pirate ship, then you can only buy the looted bounty, and small arms sells for a lot

if you do have a cargo tp or are a pirate ship, then you can buy the small arms but can't sell them...

I can't figure why there would be a difference... are you supposed to sell or buy them in pirate sectors?

it would maybe make sense if the pirate ship blue option was more than just opening up a cargo teleporter, but making the small arms only trade-able there for "pirate" ships goes against the rest of the trade goods mechanic.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:06 pm

I think I've brought this up before, but I'll bring it up again.

there seems to be a discrepancy between the description of the Assault prefix for missile-based weapons and the actual multiplier. the description states x0.75 but looking at the actual cooldown it looks more like x0.5. is that on purpose? in either case, one of them needs to be changed :roll:
Nighty

Postby Nighty » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:27 pm

Just met last night an AI that asked for truce, did it and it went into sleep mode but it gave no resources, not even sector scans so... decided will not hono the truce and attack "just an AI", it screamed and pleased to not kill it and there was no longer option to spare it, had to kill it..., yes, that's just an AI in game, but that's the only "specie" that care in game uh, so everytime they say "why?", "I don't blame you" or now this it makes us sad. Can there be option to spare without jumping?

Also another ask, crystal crew, crystal ships, crystal weapons, they are so overpowered, the fact that crystal crew can just grow shield piercing crew killing/room locking weapons that both deal damage like middle/end-game weapons is kinda radiculous, sending in 3-4 crystal crew will lock room forever so destroying that weapons room and/or oxygen and then not allowing them to fix it + bombaring them with crystal weapons is just so op, refused to play crystal ship at all just bcs can restart game over and over untill crew member will grow weapon that would like to have and with boarding design B of crystal ship can just win against everything. Can crystal be nerfed?

Another ask would be, in infinite space sandbox nothing forces player to move to next sector, can become immortal juggernaut and go from sector 1 to 8 one-hitting everything on the way, can there be extra mod or setting that forces player after a few deep space jumps to go to next sector untill 7 (8 would not be forced) so player doesn't need to force self to jump (that's not fun to farm, but that's not fun to jump further when just got that 10 fuel and die from whatver is there from own decision)
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:36 pm

Nighty wrote:Just met last night an AI that asked for truce, did it and it went into sleep mode but it gave no resources, not even sector scans so... decided will not hono the truce and attack "just an AI", it screamed and pleased to not kill it and there was no longer option to spare it, had to kill it..., yes, that's just an AI in game, but that's the only "specie" that care in game uh, so everytime they say "why?", "I don't blame you" or now this it makes us sad. Can there be option to spare without jumping?

:edit; I see what you're saying actually, but I'll leave what I said below as it still may apply. so you're saying that, just like any other ship, there should be a chance for you to "Change your mind and move on" or something. so it seems the moral mechanism doesn't apply to auto-ships (crew will not desert if you break the truce). I'm not sure how I feel about that.

honestly if it were up to me, I would redesign the moral thing that if you choose an option to be immoral about something, you can't change your mind about it. the way the whole check for the pirate slug ship, brutish rock ship, mantis etc. (aka crew doesn't care) should work is that there will be an option for ships that fall under that category (have the required augment) and another for those that don't, but they will be hidden from each other.

in this way, the moral implications of something won't say something like "your crew may not agree" or whatever, and you'll have to deal with the consequences of your decision rather than having a two-part system to double check you to see whether or not you actually agree. make a choice and deal with it.

:edit; there is actually one slight problem with this, that maybe it should more like different branches for each augment-type, so the text concerning your augment appears, e.g. "Your crew is well aware of signing on to a Mantis ship and doesn't care about breaking regulations" or whatever it says.

####################################################################
well you went against the truce... not sure why there would be an option to spare it -- the Captain has made their mind to break the peace and destroy the auto-ship. maybe there aren't moral implications, but the fact that it gets to you is all the more reason why you shouldn't be able to renege on your... disagreement.

try breaking a truce of peace and then ask again for peace... who will believe your intentions of peace, again? :P

Nighty wrote:Another ask would be, in infinite space sandbox nothing forces player to move to next sector, can become immortal juggernaut and go from sector 1 to 8 one-hitting everything on the way, can there be extra mod or setting that forces player after a few deep space jumps to go to next sector untill 7 (8 would not be forced) so player doesn't need to force self to jump (that's not fun to farm, but that's not fun to jump further when just got that 10 fuel and die from whatver is there from own decision)

well, that would go against the player-controlled difficulty feature of Infinite. ultimately, it's up to the player to decide how many times they want to dive into infinite space, thus setting how difficult they want it to be.

there doesn't really need to be an add-on -- just honor your "rules" and only jump a specific amount of times into deep-space (and besides, becoming an "immortal juggernaut" does get rather boring). I see that you're asking for an add-on that forces the player to only do a few deep space jumps, but you could easily mod that in by getting rid of the 10 fuel requirement, and using it after your quota or limit of deep-space jumps has been reached.

technically it's not possible to "force" it like you suggest, but there isn't really a need to, get rid of the requirement and it's up to the player to decide. I think I've said that enough already :roll: