Download FTL Captain's Edition 1.105 (MediaFire)
Download FTL Captain's Edition 1.105
(torrent, please keep seeding to support CE)[/size]
The core mod. Install with Slipstream Mod Manager.
Download CE Vanilla Player Ship Loadouts Addon 1.0
Optional. Reverts changes that CE makes to player ship loadouts and re-equips the player ships with their original gear. Use this if your prefer playing the player ships with their classic loadouts. Has to be loaded after Captains Edition to work properly. Install with Slipstream Mod Manager
Download CE Infinite Addon 1.005 (Dropbox)
Download CE Infinite Addon 1.005 (MediaFire)
Optional. This turns FTL into a semi endless sandbox game, much like the original Infinite Space mod by DrkTemplar. It also supports all the regular Captains Edition features. Provides a less harsh and more relaxed CE experience. Details below. Install with Slipstream Mod Manager. Has to be loaded after Captains Edition to work. Best loaded last, after any other mods you are using.
Download CE Additional Music Addon
Optional. Adds a custom soundtrack for CEs and CE Infinites new sector types. Install with Slipstream Mod Manager. Has to be loaded after Captains Edition to work.
Download CE People Modified Addon (CEPM) 2.08
Optional. Let's you change crew skins. Unzip and follow the instructions in the readme. Install with Slipstream Mod Manager. All CEPM files have to be loaded after Captains Edition to work. Also usable as a standalone mod.
Capain's Edition uses some images from sanmonkus great Better Planets and Backgrounds mod in certain events. It is recommended to use this mod alongside CE for coherency. And also because it looks simply fantastic. Better Planets and Backgrounds has to be loaded before Captain's Edition in order to work correctly with it.
If you want to see more of your new enemies you can use kartoFlanes nifty Expanded Enemy Window 1.1 mod.
Not loading mods in the right order can cause various problems (visual glitches in some events, crystal sector spawning instead of deepspace). Your load-order should look like this:
- Code: Select all
Any non-ship not-CE-related mods you are using
Better Planets and Backgrounds
FTL Captain's Edition
CE Vanilla Player Ship Loadouts Addon
CE Additional Music Addon
Any CE People Modified Addon (CEPM) submods
Any ship mods you are using
CE Infinite Addon
Note: incompatibility does not necessary mean the game crashes, things might just not work properly.
- Outright incompatible with Balanced Arsenal, New Enemy Classes, Diversity Mod and Infinite Space; Don't use these mods alongside
- Incompatible with most enemy mods, weapon mods, drone mods or event mods
- Currently incompatible with the Corpses mod CE addon, causes crashes
- CE Infinite is generally incompatible with anything that changes the crystal sector
- Most other stuff, specially ship mods and visual mods, should work
What is this anyway?
FTL Captain's Edition is a major overhaul mod-compilation that aims to diversify and extend FTL's game-play on different levels. The mod tries to match the games lore, graphic style and general tone. While it adds a lot of new content, it also aims to maintain the basic balance of the vanilla game.
And, like Kieve has put it,
Kieve wrote:[...] it's built on the work of everyone who came before it, and continues to expand because of innovation - not just within the mod but from other ideas that have been incorporated into it.
This should give you an overview of what is include in the mod (asset suffixes in brackets).
Captains Edition General (CE_)
Events, a lot of Events...
A lot of CEs content does not clearly belong to a certain component or a certain project. There are a lot of small or big events that have been added now and then, and there is actual no exact count on how many new events there are now. It feels like a lot. Some general stuff that has been done with events so far:
- Distress beacons have been diversified, there are many new distress encounters
- A few highly scripted combat events have been added to various sectors
- Several new global quests have been added
- Various cut vanilla events have been reworked an re-added to the game
- Encounters with harmless civilians have been added
- All of CEs gear has been seaming less integrated into events and offers appropriate blue options
- A lot of vanilla text lists for flavour texts have been extended
- Ship destruction events gained more unique flavour texts, depending on faction (courtesy of slowridersxchorps)
- The Tips at the beginning of the game have been vastly extend to give tips about CE
- Probably more stuff that I have forgotten about...
The empty beacons of vanilla FTL, the jump nodes where nothing happens, have become quite an important thing in Captain's Edition. They are used to for a lot of other features, especially for new augments.
Empty beacons also give you some time to chat with your crew. That is always a good option if you have nothing to do. Conversing with your crew might give you some details on their past or information on the game world. Sometimes it might even lead to hidden quests or rewards.
CE will allow you to offer surrender at the beginning of most fights in which you are actively attacked. Just like enemies, you will have to offer some resources as a price. And just like you, your opponent might not accept surrender. Better make a good offer, it can save your live.
Lore Perks and Meta Play-styles
CE tries to make the player ships of the various factions feel more unique, in a way that matches FTLs lore. A lot of the player ships get additional blue options that are related to the faction of this respective ship. Certain equipment also allow for similar distinct "secondary play-styles", that offer a way to gain resources outside of- or advantages in combat.
On-board Engineering and Meta Play-styles
On-board engineering let's you customize your ship into certain direction, in a way completely independent from your standard system upgrades. With certain gear (mostly augs), engineering options will become available at empty beacons. Your crew will be able to build stackable copies of augments you already have or new augments that supports you other gear. This needs time and more resources than simply buying the augment at shops, but makes it easier to customize a ship for a certain play style. A lot of the vanilla augments are less powerful on their own now, but offer to fully dedicate your ship to the advantages this augment holds by engineering copies of it.
All this together makes many Meta Play-styles possible. Some examples:
- Asteroid Miner
- Mine layer
- Factory Ship
- AI ship
- Brood Ship/Clone Ship
- Retaliation Ship
- Gunslinger Ship
- Missile Boat
- Fast shield charging Defence Ship
- Drone Carrier
A modified version of liakad's diversityMod, (done by Istarune), is included in this compilation for your convenience.
Battle Stations! (BS_)
The Battle Stations lets you encounter and fight space stations of the different factions. They will appear in completely new events across all sectors. These distinct kind of enemies have strong hulls, but as stationary installations they usually have no engines and can not dodge. This might require you to take them on differently than normal enemies and makes certain weapons more/less effective against them.
There is one station design for each faction, all completely with gibs and cloak images, and they come in different layouts as well. There are neutral stations to encounter and you can also find a few new quests that involve fighting or boarding stations. For more details you can see the mods original development thread.
Cruiser Extension (C_)
The Rebel cruisers, they never get in firing range, right? But with the cruiser extension component they finally will. This part of Captains Edition aims on diversifying the Rebel fleet by letting you encounter various capital ships during certain events. So the Rebel Fleet should even more feel like a proper Fleet now, a threat that has to be taken seriously. At Rebel occupied beacons you might have to face various ships (ranging from corvettes to battlecruisers) that are equally or even better equipped than your player cruiser. Fleeing will often be your best bet. The capital ships can sometimes also be encountered in Rebel Sectors, in CEs new Federation Sectors and during the Last Stand. They come in different layouts as well, again all completely with gibs and cloak image. Encountering capital ships is quite flavour heavy, making encountering each capital ship a unique experience during your run.
A big thanks to Kieve for supplying his great Rebel Destroyer ship model. His support made it possible to extend this component of Captains Edition even further.
New Enemy Classes (TB_ originally called "Type B Enemies") adds over thirty new enemies layouts to the game that use new tactics and sometimes distinct weaponry. You can check out the details in the original mod thread.
The new classes fill different roles and all have certain strengths and weaknesses. Some are more dangerous than others. Not all factions have access to all classes, they are distributed so that they fit the lore. Some of the new classes do behave quite different than vanilla enemies. You might have to rethink you strategy. Shields and weapons are no longer always the primary targets. Your ship and crew might have to face new dangers too and your might consider upgrading other defensive systems apart from shields and engines earlier.
Some rare more advanced enemies can have encased systems, which can not be damaged by any means. You might have to adjust your strategy when encountering these ships.
A Zoltan Shield Barge, featuring an encased shield system.
Balanced Arsenal (BA_) adds 68 new weapons that are available for the player and for the most part to the enemies as well. The weapons are designed to fit within vanilla and it's balance. Numbers wise, most of these weapons are balanced after another already existing weapon, but differ in way that should make using them feel new and tactically interesting. Some of them have quite unique functions and uses and allow for new tactics in combat. Check out the details in the original mod thread.
The array of new weapons pointed at you can feel overwhelming at first. If you learn what weapon does what, then it will be easier to react appropriate in case it is pointed at you. Just the same like in vanilla FTL.
Drone Extension (DE_) tries to diversify drones as much as Balanced Arsenal diversifies ship mounted weapons. (Drones Plus already did a a good job with that, but apparently is no longer supported.) Currently, 31 new drones are added to the game. Some of the drones that where planned didn't work as intended, they didn't make it into the mod and are sad now.
Further some of the gear is considered too situational to be available in shops all the time. You might still come across this stuff on rare occasion.
A lot of CE custom weapons and drones feature custom projectiles and impact graphics as well.
CE also modifies some Impact graphics to show small, vanilla-like UI prompts (put there by your ship computer). This is mainly for flavour, but can also warn you about dangerous weapons fired at you. Weapons that leave no visual traces always feature indicators like that.
some of CE's UI stuff
The CE People Modified Addon further lets you customize how FTLs crew looks. You can choose from more than 30 new skins and customize enemy and you own crew separately.
some of the new crew skins that come with the addon
Augment Extension (AE_)
I guess you get the idea. Augment Extension (AE_) currently adds 17 new augments to the game. Passive vanilla-like augments with new effects currently can't be made via xml.editing. That's why the AE augs are all dummies that enfold their potential through events. The implementation is designed to be well streamlined. This component introduced a hidden choice layer in every situation where an opponent gets hostile, allowing you to deploy your combat augs. So you finally can hack your enemies life support, disrupt their teleporters, scramble their weapon targeting and generally mess around with the opponents systems a whole lot lot.
AE's augments fall into three categories, although the lines between them are a little blurry:
Combat Augments (currently 5)
Can be used as soon as an enemy gets hostile. Your ship only provides enough power for one of these, but with certain equipment it's possible to put together a dedicated hacker ship that can run more than on combat aug at the same time. (Note: disrupting a system that has already been disrupted by another augment will override the effect and is not advisable.)
Some enemies will use these augments against you, but if your know their effect you can learn to counter them by upgrading your systems accordingly.
Support Augments (currently 9)
Help to gain or conserve resources and generally can help you in various not directly combat related ways. Support augments always need empty beacons to be used. Empty beacons are the places that offer no options beside continuing on, areas where you are alone and undisturbed. Starting beacons of new sectors count as empty beacons as well. Some of these augments also require scrap and some require time to be operated, which will make the Rebels advance faster.
Contextual Augments (currently 3)
Provide blue options in certain situation. Generally pretty cheap.
Disrupting systems that already have been effected by another augment or the event itself is not working (overrides the first effect) and should be avoided. Using ion weapons on the system should still works as if the disrupted system bars are not there at all. Direct damage is first dealt to the disrupted bars.
The internal effector works well against certain systems and not so great against others. This is for balancing reasons. If your enemy has buffer bars, it might actually not disrupt certain systems at all. Level three sensors can help you see and predict how effective the Effector might be.
Trade Extension (TE_)
Trade Extension adds a very basic trade system to FTL. Trade goods come as 22 different augmentation type items. They can be bought and sold in trade events at each shop you visit. Different sectors supply and demand different commodities, transporting goods to other sectors nets profits. If you know where a certain cargo is in high demand and plan your route through the sectors accordingly you can make good scrap without your ship into more danger. But be careful: Your Rebel pursues will not rest while you negotiate prices and load commodities. Trading takes time and makes the Rebel fleet catch up faster with you.
-Most important of all: Selling currently requires player corporation. When selling goods in the trade events, you need to sell the goods to the shop afterwards to get your full payment. There is no way to for modders to force you to do this (o remove augs in an automated way), so cheating and breaking the trade system is possible every time you sell goods in events. Just cooperate ok? To remind you of this situation, you will get a subtle hint every time you sell stuff:
[Reminder: Not selling off the goods at the shop breaks the trade system and means you are cheating.]
-Player has to be sure that he has space when buying, else he has to leave an argumentation behind or sell one to the shop and loose some money
-Right now, you can't buy and sell during the same event
-Profit can't be balanced according to difficulty, trading gives the same profit on easy and normal, offsetting the balancing a little. Trading is currently balanced to fit into normal mode.
-Trading is usually more profitable early on, cause combat rewards scale up significantly. This is because prices and profits are can only be set to fixed values.
Sector Extension (SE_)
Sector Extension gives you six new sector types to explore. Currently included are Hazard Sectors, Federation Controlled Sectors, Civilian Coreworlds, Industrial Sectors, Quarantine Sectors and AI Controlled Sectors. The new sectors are designed to follow certain themes and should feel like a distinct area to travel to. Each offers new challenges and opportunities. The majority of these sector's events are custom made. The CE Additional Music Addon adds a custom soundtrack for these sectors.
To make your journey more unique, Sector Extension also includes a few hundred custom names for each sector type, randomized on each play through. In time you will realize that these names follow certain patterns. These indicate to which kind of sector you are actually travelling.
Due to all the things CE changes,the range of difficulty when comparing sector types is somewhat greater than in vanilla FTL, also when, let's say, only comparing hostile sectors. I can give is a vague impression on the difficulty progression, mainly concerning damage potential to ship. Its all situational of course, there is no real fixed progression:
Engi Controlled Sectors
Zoltan Controlled Sectors
Pirate Controlled Sectors
Mantis Controlled Sectors
Slug Controlled Nebula
Rock Controlled Sectors
Rebel Controlled Sectors
Federation Controlled Sectors
AI Controlled Sectors
Hazard Extension (HE_)
Hazard Extension adds nine new hazard environments to the game. Initially the concept was derailed a little and lead to the implementation of planetary artillery events for some factions. The Rebel fleet might also target you with these weapons if they catch up with you.
Planetary Artillery PDS and the Rebel Fleet PDS are devastating long range weapon that can severely damage your ship. They fire multiple shots in one barrage, pierce all shields, deal heavy damage and can also cause fires and breaches, but they also charge extremely slow. A lone cruiser should avoid getting hit by these weapons at all cost. Events that feature this weapons strive to create tense deadline fights.
Minefields where also added in HEs first phase.
Since 1.08, HE also features various purely environmental hazards for your to deal with and explore. Most of them are connected to the new sorts of nebula that are featured in some of the new sector types. These are just a few examples of what you can encounter:
Dangerous levels of radiation detected.
Icefields far away from active stars. The absence of background radiation makes cloaking useless here
Remember: Don't let the nano-bot cloud eat your ship!
The optional CE Infinite Addon lets you roam the galaxy freely. You don't have to worry much about the Rebel fleet and do what you want, but you can always decide to take on you mission again and try to get closer to Federation base whenever you like. This addon makes some pretty profound changes to how the game and CE feels, much like the original Infinite Space mod does. However it does things also a little differently.
Unlimited Contested Deep Space Sectors
CE Infinite gives you a choice at every exit beacon. Do you want to continue to roam the depth of space or do you want to pursue you mission and head towards the Federation base? If you like to, you can indefinitely travel deep space and become a powerful pirate captain, a wealthy trader, a diplomatic peace keeper or many other things.
Player Controlled Difficulty Scaling
Whenever you decide to travel towards the Federation Base at an exit beacon, you will progress one sector like in regular FTL. Enemies will get stronger, also in the adjective deep space regions. This way it is always up to you how difficult the game will get. If you grind many deep space sectors, your ship upgrades will make you a dominant force after some time. But rapidly increasing upgrade cost will also make it more difficult to progress quickly. Fight might also become little challenging. Travelling towards the Federation base on the other hand will not only increase enemy strength, but also increases scrap rewards, just like in vanilla FTL. A system no unlike that of regular open world RPGs or MMOs.
Slow Upgrade Progression
Ship upgrades generally cost much more in CE Infinite and they get exponentially more expensive. You will be forced to travel towards the Federation Base if you want increased scrap rewards to keep up with the rising costs, but if you advance to fast, enemies might overwhelm you.
Limited Rebel pursuit
With CE Infinite, the galactic conflict you are involved in is not gone. The addon just implies that it happens on a much greater scale. The Federation base is extremely far away and the events that happen while you travel there could happen during months or even years. The Rebel fleet still pursues you, but will generally catch up with you much slower. And space is limitless - There is always another fringe region you can run to, the Rebels can't look for you everywhere immediately at once.
Full CE support
All the above features of FTL Captain's Edition are also included in CE Infinite. All the gear is available to you and enemies alike. Advancing towards the Federation Base will lead you to a regular sector, it might even be one of CEs newly introduced sector types. The contested deep space sectors you can travel to will feature an extreme wide array of events, basically almost all events that are included in CE. Only very location specific events, like the ones from Quarantine or AI sectors are not included. Even trading is still possible, deep space stores will be random and only available once per sector, but there is a high chance that you can sell the goods in the next sector. The static rewards and slow fleet progression makes trading even more profitable in CE Infinite. Engineering is also more powerful, because it is much cheaper than regular ship upgrade.
Even if you grinded your ship into a powerhouse, some enemies in the next sector might still be able to take you on. All enemy classes that can only appear after certain sectors have been beefed up for CE Infinite, so don't get to careless. Jumping towards the Federation base also requires a lot of fuel, providing a constant side mission for you. If you get stranded and the fleet should catch up with you after all, the the Rebels you face will be even more vicious than in standard CE. If you advance to sector 7 deep space, you will continuously face well equipped enemies. But the high scrap rewards will eventually let you max out you ship. If you want to complete you mission is still up to you then. Should you decide to travel to sector eight you will face a slightly stronger Rebel Flagship than usual.
Did I install this correctly?
The game should have a custom loading screen, showing a small space station. If you get the regular "LOADING" image, then something went wrong.
-Drones can't target incoming swarm missiles efficiently
-Start and exit beacon that happen to be placed within new nebula types will still show regular nebula, can't be changed
-New Nebula types might still randomly contain regular nebula beacons, cause of this is unknown
-Also see limitations of Trade Extension and Augment Extension above
Intigrated Mods and Assets
FTL Captain's Edition currently includes the following stand alone mods, assets and projects:
-diversityMod (visuals only) by likad, modified by Istarune
-Rebel Destroyer ship model, originally from Turning The Tide by Kieve
-New Enemy Classes, by Sleeper_Service (thats me)
-Balanced Arsenal by Sleeper_Service
-Engi pirate ship models by kartoFlane
-Asteroid Station ship model, based on The Asteroid by 5thHorsemen
-Federation Light Artillery ship model by R4V3-ON
-Rock Brawler ship model (recoloured), originally by Ericrumor
-Red Crystal enemies and weapons by Killox3
-Federation Ambusher ship model by Cyk0
-Mantis Minelayer ship model by R4V3-ON
-Part of the sM Polish Kit by: slowriderxcorps
-Almost all of Tweevlies Typ B enemy ship hulls
-Event Ideas/events/flavour texts by: Snowhusky5, Estel, rannI, KJ4VO, r2d2go and many others
AE will probably bring interesting new content to work with. With all this great weapon features incoming, it's likely that the BA component will be significantly expanded once more.
CE is planned to fully support AE. It probably won't even support vanilla FTL any more in its post-AE incarnations. Transition will go as follows: The last CE version before AEs release will become the final CE version for vanilla FTL. I'll try to release a compatibility version for AE as fast as possible then, for those (probably few) who really want CE to be mixed into AE immediately. And later there probably will be versions of CE that make full use of AE new features, most likely by adding a bunch of new AE-like weapons at first.
Till then there is still the idea of the new pirate home world sector floating around, also new quests and conversations might still be added.
Mod Integration of other peoples mods for player convenience would be possible, although not really necessary, as FTL has not to much compatibility issues.
Special Thanks to:
The creators of the game, its still awesome!
liakad, for the Diversity Mod
karmos, for Drones Plus
Kieve, for supplying his Rebel Destroyer ship model
Snowhusky and Estel, for their event ideas
kartoFlane, for the Subliminal Ship Editor, the Error Checker and his help with early and late testing; without his tools CE could never have grown that big and run that stable
solarion for his support with spell-checking
slowriderxcorps for his support with spell-checking and for the effort with his sM Polish Kit mod and the CE integration
5thHorsemen, R4V3-ON, Ericrumor and Killox3 for contributing their ship hulls
Sanmonkus, for allowing to use his great backgrounds and planets
Jep, Joshklement, Masterplayer 1337, CaptainLordAvalon, kartoFlane, mict5pn for their help with spell checking on github
Rannl, for writing great flavour texts and in general investing so much time as a co-writer
Tweevle, for supplying a lot of great type B enemy ship images
Russian Rockman for valuable independent testing and help with the boss artillery, boss layouts and the boss drones
KJ4VOV for all the time he invested in professionally spell checking the mod
All the modders out there that keep experimenting with FTL, a lot of CEs features are inspired by other mods
Everyone who has posted bug reports here to help making this run stable
- Code: Select all
Changelog (complete version history can be found in the mod appendix file)
CE Infinite 1.005
- Deep space starting beacons work correctly now
- Crystal Vengeance can be engineered correctly now
- All Interceptors are equipped with various configuration of FTL Boosters and FTL Jammers now
- Self destruction Auto ships are now controlled by a preset escape timer
- All impact UI prompts are displayed slightly shorter
CE Infinite Addon 1.004
- Enemies in sector 6 and adjacent deep space are often much stronger now
- Enemies in sector 7, adjacent deep space and beyond will always be much stronger
- Boss uses the correct repair drone in phase three now
- Attacking auto fuel sellers works now
- Mantis clan ships appear correctly during the event
- Hidden update to CE Infinite: Boss phase three uses the correct drone now
- The drone is also no longer available as loot
- The flagships door and sensor systems have switched places, enabling doors in phase two
- The flagship might now hack you sensors in phase three
- The flagship now features a backup drone system and maintenance doors for its weapon rooms in phase three
- The flagship will deploy support drones upon AI takeover in phase three
- Boss beam breach chance lowered
- Flail beam gained a small breach chance
- Pirates are less likely to field Zoltan and Engi ships now
- Accepting Slug surrender should no longer have them shut down their hacking gear
- Some small changes
- Some typos fixed
CE Infinite 1.002
- Harsher, exponential upgrade cost growth
- Boss has faster weapon cooldowns in all phases
- Boss has no oxygen in phase three, immediately suffocating crew
- Boss has access to different drones in phase three now
- Boss backup drones system in phase three is encased now
- Crystal sectors are accessible now by finding an "Ancient Sector" (as rare as Rock Homeworlds) while having a Crystal crewmen aboard
- Ancient devices can no longer be found in deep space
- Fleet events on exit beacons force you to jump immediately and give you the regular deep space option now
- Removed a few event texts that appear odd in deep space
- Deep space start events have a good chance to spawn various boss-like hostile encounters now
- Quest rarity in deep space adjusted
- CE Infinite Addon 1.0 released
- Fixed a crash related to slaver ship outcomes
- Crystal Burst tooltips fixed
- Light Crystal impact graphic fixed
- Auto surrender reset your systems now
- Still no Testrel
- All kinds of augments now allow you to resist certain hazards and combat augments
- Subspace Scanner cost slightly increased
- Rock Plating and Titanium System Casing cost reduced
- Internal AI designs flawless System Repair Drones now
- Out-of-fuel engineering options corrected
- Crystal Sector is no longer unique
- Rock Homeworlds start beacon crystal option now correctly spawns a quest beacon instead of calling the event
- Enemy Rock ships are further distinguished by how many layer of armor plating they have now
- Fancy black holes - Now also available in Rock territory
- System resets now include teleporters
- Hellebard Beam impact now also displays and UI prompt
- Curator quest final reward increased
- Nebula exit beacon behaves like in vanilla again
- The boss will finally shut down the medbay correctly in phase three
- Husks should no longer have visible crew now
- Dead auto ships no longer reset you sensors
- Few typos fixed
- Some new events and outcomes added at various point throughout the game
- AE: One augment added
- Weapon Jammer now slightly affects enemy artillery as well
- All new nebula type hazards now completely scramble your sensors
- Slug engineering options changed
- Crystal Vengeance can no longer be acquired through conversations
- Crystal Vengeance can now be engineered
- You can now converse with your crew after checking engineering options
- You can bow decide to use production augments after considering to socialize with you crew
- HE: Two new hazards added
- Your impulse engines now will allow you to escape radiation zones after a certain amount of time
- Drone Carriers and Drone Harbors starting drone power/weapon power further reduced
- Drone Carriers and Drone Harbors ammunition reduced
- Engi AI Ship from civilian list removed
- Auto enemies selfdestruct start health range increased
- Elite Battlecruisers are no longer lacking power to run all their systems
- Quest drone merchant no longer claims to pay an advance
- Slug surrenders now always allow you to let the enemy leave
- Buying Recon Drones from weapon traders works correctly now
- AI boarding event fixed
- Slug interceptor weapon mounts rearranged
- Rebel Corvette weapon mounts rearranged
- Energy interceptor invisible shield bubble fixed
- Auto interceptor invisible shield bubble fixed?
- Rock unlock quest rewards you with Titanium System Casing instead of Rock Plating now
- A lot of small fixes
- Some typos
- Enemy version of the Ion Defense Drone is no longer available to the player
- Burst Scatter Defense Drone has an enemy version now
- Heavy Ion Drone movement speed slightly increased
- Nano cloud mass in AI sectors slightly reduced
- Zoltan negotiation outcomes reworked again
- Supply theft event fixes
- Some more (all?) civilian trade events now let you commit acts of piracy
- Pirate store trap event reworked
- Dust cloud descriptions are more vague now about the engine clogging
- Zoltan ship captains can no longer negotiate with AI ships
- AI ship in nebula no longer have random Zoltan ships nearby that give you scrap for free
- Crashes in Pirate sectors resolved
- Does not contain the Testrel this time, I checked
- UI impact prompts added to many more weapons
- DE: Two drones added
- Enemy Ion Defence Drones should be as ineffective as player ones now
- Enabled breaking truce for (all?) enemies with custom surrenders
- Zoltan AI ship minimal sector removed, resolves rare Zoltan sector crashes
- Sensor resets from Slug surrenders removed
- Crystal crew now lets you locate the ancient device when arriving in the Rock Homeworld
- Industrial Sector nebula mass reduced
- Industrial Sector counts as a Nebula sector again
- Bio Focus Beam now requires four power
- Player ship addon is now integrated into the CE coremod
- Released a new addon that let's you revert player ships to vanilla loadouts
- Testrel removed once more, gotta remember taking that out in the future...
- Zoltan negotiation option for Slaver ship added
- Weapon trader now sells what he's supposed to
- Weapon trader special offer descriptions include hint's on what the stuff does now
already last updates:
- Zoltan negotiation offers rebalanced
- Ship Blue Options for Federation Cruiser added
- Exit beacon in any nebula will call neutral nebula events now (stable?)
- A few barge class enemies can upgrade their signature system further than normal now
- Minimal sector for Engi AI ship removed (possible unknown crash cause?)
- Hider does no longer join your crew for fun when paying his fare
- Stray fleet event fixed
- Sensor reset from all post- and in-fight hard resets removed
- Dammit Testrel, leave us alone!
- A few enemies can deploy Recon Drones now, purely for flavor
- Scrap Arm engineering option has the crew produce what they are told now
- New engineering options added
- Drone Reactor Booster renamed to "Improved Internal AI", for coherency reasons
- Pharmaceuticals no longer sell good in civilian sectors
- Player Ship Addon updated
- Testrel banished, back into the ship testing environment with you!
- Some Zoltan ship options that lacked requirements fixed
- Engineering options for empty beacons added, allows to customize the ship into certain directions
(mostly augment related)
- Some vanilla and new some CE augments slightly changed to make them fit better into engineering
- Production augment options unified
- Production augment options are now all controlled by a single sub menu
- Mantis escape pod outcomes fixed
- One wrong Zoltan blue option fixed
- Alternative way to get a crystal crewmen added
- Ancient devices can be found in Rock controlled sectors as well now, but might not be functional
- A few blue options for the Federation Cruiser added
- Refuelling Station surrender fuel reward fixed
- Station encounter surrender betrayal list implemented
- Minelayer drones can be used to place minefields now
- Most combat drones can now be left behind at empty beacons to harass the Rebel fleet
- Manufacturing ammo aboard the ship is slightly cheaper now
- Three pieces of very situational gear added, only available at the nebula weapons dealer
- Some typos corrected
- CE for Player Ships Addon updated
- Crystal Shard reworked again, did not work as intended
- Rebel Interceptor layout fixed
- Zoltan player surrender textlist fixed
- One incoherent Zoltan negotiation option removed
- Surrender betrayal default outcomes fixed
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/. All assets of this mod, besides third party ones which are not created by the author, are free to use for other modders, as long as they use them for non-commercial purposes and a willing to share their work alike.
Sleeper Service wrote:Mandrake wrote:I just signed up to say 'Thanks!' for this incredible mod. It's awesome. Do you take donations via Paypal perhaps? I'd love to send you a few dollars.
Oh wow money... yeah I'm not really interested in that stuff. Also CE is just a mod, It couldn't exist without vanilla FTL, that is where the credit should go. I'm just mashing up some xmls and sprites here and I already gained a lot (in the form of fun) by making it. But if the mod gave you a good time, if you have money to spare and if you want to make me happy, consider donating to a local NGO in your area in exchange for the joy you had with CE. Maybe one that deals with drug prevention, social-equality or woman’s rights.