Oblivion Bubbleship Mod [Ship][WIP]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
rck_mtn_climber

Oblivion Bubbleship Mod [Ship][WIP]

Postby rck_mtn_climber » Thu May 23, 2013 10:38 pm

Hi guys, I made the bubbleship from the Oblivion movie! It is an offensive powerhouse with very good starting burst lasers and anti-ship drones (because in the movie it uses lasers and the main character repairs drones), but without the capability to use cloaking or teleporting... (more below the pictures)
Here's the download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/odjg1zpu163u9 ... leship.ftl
(takes place of Federation Cruiser A)

It will also only be able to have three HUMAN crew members, so its achilles heel will be being boarded and hit by fire. Let me know about any changes you might want and I will consider them; however, I want to get it dialed down first before I make any major changes!
Finally the reason it is a [WIP] is because I still need feedback on how powerful it is so I can adjust it more finely.
Pros:
Begins with really strong weapons that are not intended to be changed...
2 Burst Laser III
2 Anti-Ship Mark II Drones
Begins with Level 2 shields
Begins with Drone recovery, automated reloader
Cons:
Small oxygen room
Out of the way Med Bay
Long reload times
Only 3 human crew
No cloaking option
No teleporter option
No equipping more than 2 weapons

Difficulty:
Hard(ish). For reference... I have won the game on easy but I have never actually finished it on normal. I main the Stealth B and this feels better but still challenging, I feel like I need better players opinions

A couple preview images... (EDIT: Added a new image on 5/19/2013)
http://imgur.com/a/1Yhzq
I drew everything myself trying to keep the style similar to stock FTL images, so let me know if I need to work on anything!

Help needed with... setting max crew limits, from what I've found it is impossible, but if anyone knows differently that would be appreciated!

Note: I am trying to work out how to limit crew members, as this ship was intended to have a small crew as its weakness; however, if there is no way to limit it then remember that this ship is intended to use its 3 starting crew so dismiss accordingly! (if you want a challenge)
Finally... This ship is also not intended to be played with different styles, its unique in that it really isn't too customizable (i.e. starting out with great weapons and drones). I am just leaving this here so no one complains that they don't have a teleporter or cloaking as that wouldn't be "canon" in the world of Oblivion)
speedoflight

Re: Oblivion Bubbleship Mod [Ship][WIP]

Postby speedoflight » Fri May 24, 2013 12:16 am

No, u cant change the crew limit, as far as i know. Its hardcoded. The maximum crew limit will be always 8..
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
rck_mtn_climber

Re: Oblivion Bubbleship Mod [Ship][WIP]

Postby rck_mtn_climber » Fri May 24, 2013 12:19 am

speedoflight wrote:No, u cant change the crew limit, as far as i know. Its hardcoded. The maximum crew limit will be always 8..

:/ Alright, well I'll leave in the notice at the bottom then.