[MOD] A Strange New Galaxy 04.01.15 (AE)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Metzelmax

Re: [MOD] A Strange New Galaxy 04.01.15 (AE)

Postby Metzelmax » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:00 pm

So 1.0. Done.
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?
Caption_Chase

Postby Caption_Chase » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:44 pm

I dont know if it is this mode or the Mod Manager fault but I dont have this mod in my list anymore yet everytime i start it up after patching it Starts with a Strange New Galaxy.

Current Mods list:

Beginning Scarp Advantage 1.1
Engi Scrap Advantage 1.1
Extra Features
Highres Shields
RWP_EW-AE.3
RWP_AE.3
Tengu_AE
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:09 am

You probably updated Slipstream while you had Strange New Galaxy loaded. So every time you added or removed a mod, it would default back to "Vanilla" which would be, Strange New Galaxy.
knoedel

Postby knoedel » Mon May 04, 2015 4:00 pm

At first i have to say that this is a very nice mod.

I have two questions:

1. we have the new enemys treel, Uz'ran....
but why are there no new races like human, engi, rock, zoltan.
for example:

Treel
- give's manned systems one extra Level (like zoltan give power but now for System Level)
- 60 hp
- 50% repair speed

Uz'ran
- have selv regeneration (like engi med bot)
- do half combat dmg

Bronan

- have ability to stealth (with button like crystal lockdown power)

Quasaty

- Need dobble oxygen (so you need min oxygen level 2)
- double movment speed
- double repair rate

Celiak

- will lose hp if room has oxygen
- learn skills 20% slower
- have a 3th Level of skills

Antarien ships should only make holograhpik copys of crewman and than get a reward for leaving them at next planet.

2. is there any way to patch this mod together with the captain's Edition and it's add ons?
TheFallenAngel359

Postby TheFallenAngel359 » Mon May 04, 2015 4:51 pm

knoedel wrote:At first i have to say that this is a very nice mod.

I have two questions:

1. we have the new enemys treel, Uz'ran....
but why are there no new races like human, engi, rock, zoltan.
for example:

Treel
- give's manned systems one extra Level (like zoltan give power but now for System Level)
- 60 hp
- 50% repair speed

Uz'ran
- have selv regeneration (like engi med bot)
- do half combat dmg

Bronan

- have ability to stealth (with button like crystal lockdown power)

Quasaty

- Need dobble oxygen (so you need min oxygen level 2)
- double movment speed
- double repair rate

Celiak

- will lose hp if room has oxygen
- learn skills 20% slower
- have a 3th Level of skills

The reason for this is because it is not possible to add new races with the current modding tools. You can only replace the sprite sheet for each race, effectively making it a reskin. Also, it is not possible to add new abilities (say, healing crewmembers in the room).

knoedel wrote:Antarien ships should only make holograhpik copys of crewman and than get a reward for leaving them at next planet.

This could be done by making the Antarien ships start with a dummy augment that can trigger the reward as an event. There is no other way to do this.

knoedel wrote:2. is there any way to patch this mod together with the captain's Edition and it's add ons?

Yes, there is, but Metzelmax would have to modify parts of the mod in order to prevent CE's content from interferring with everything else. It would be a huge task, so it doesn't seem likely that Metzelmax would update it.
ryanbsonic

Postby ryanbsonic » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:35 am

This mod is amazing! There is a bug i found where the background keeps flickering. I dont know if thats mods problem or something else.
Artamba

Postby Artamba » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:28 am

But is it balanced? Does this mod keep the game difficult and keep the balance of risk/reward?
Artamba

Postby Artamba » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:10 am

This mod is fucking awesome. Seriously.

I so very much love how each different 'race' remains consistent with their traits. Whenever I see an Anterian (or if I'm in Anterian space) I know that they're going to be quite hard to take down unless I can keep their drones at bay (heh), for example. The ships that you can play are so well thought out, too! Most of the ships seem to have their own challenge, instead of it just being 'this ship is cool 'cause it has special gun' like most ship mods. Even if it was just a great big ship mod, I would still play it, but it's so much more and that makes me very happy indeed.

Seriously, people need to give this mod a lot more attention.
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:09 am

Artamba wrote:Seriously, people need to give this mod a lot more attention.

That would require me to do stuff though :P

Glad you liked it.
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:28 pm

Hey Metzelmax, I love coming back to this mod occasionally (hence why I haven't said anything about it in months).
I figured out how to work that Celiak Cruiser with no power at the start and I have to say once the ball gets rolling, it gets rolling.

But there's some bad news I have to inform you about...

There are some events out there that kill off your crew and your Clone Bay does nothing to bring them back. I lost a Zoltan due to some Uz'ran event involving communication going wrong. Now maybe it was written down they couldn't be revived in the text, but all I saw at a glance was "Your Zoltan died. Have fun" with no additional text explaining why they could or couldn't come back (as most Clone Bay events do)

I'm not sure if there are any other events that do the same thing, but maybe look into it.

Also, I think I might just do another video run of this mod. I have to say it's really well done and it does need more attention from the community.

EDIT: Also, I like the Last Stand events where you can get free stuff to help assist the Flagship battle. But a little word of warning about disrupting enemy Hacking - The game doesn't like it when you damage a fully disrupted enemy Hacking or Mind Control module and it may cause game crashes. Might want to put something in the event on Phase 1 like "The Anterian Cyber Freak says there may be some system issues if you damage the Hacking system. I recommend not firing upon it."