[MOD] Twinge's Balance Mod (Current Version: 6.3.1) (Old)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
dragonsumbra

Re: [MOD] Twinge's Balance Mod (Current Version: 6.3.1)

Postby dragonsumbra » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:33 am

Oh wow, I didn't even see the date of the last post, I was just going by what he was considering on the wiki for the mod :P

I hope they work on it more, too. It's a fantastic mod.
Twinge

Postby Twinge » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:13 pm

The current Balance Mod already does make free crew a little rarer (and you get a little less free scrap alongside them when they do come) and does make improved door systems slightly more common.

I will most likely not be adding more to the mod at this point with AE so close on the horizon; I might make a new version tweaking AE eventually, but I'm uncertain there. Plus, AE will already implement some of the changes present - such as more expensive Doors 2 and making Reverse Ion Fields actually do something =)
FTL Tips & Tricks Video Series

Catch my stream on Twitch

Improve game balance, fix bugs, and have more decisions: Twinge's Balance & Bugfix Mod
Magixblood

Postby Magixblood » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:34 am

Hey Twinge I'm having troubles running your mod and I could use some help fixing them. Right now I can run the mod on slip stream (I open slip stream and click on the mod then patch) and I can get it to boot up (I can tell its working because the systems were moved around) and it will run fine for about 2-3 jumps but after that when ever I go to jump it closes the window. When I boot it back up I'm in the same spot but if I jump at all the game closes the window exactly like before. I'm pretty sure it not the mod but its my lack of Modding knowledge :roll: if you know whats going on can you please tell me? If you need more information just tell me what you need to know and I will find out. Ps: my computer is Dell with intel core i3 :D

Thanks - Maigx
Twinge

Postby Twinge » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:11 pm

Hey there Magic - The Balance Mod hasn't been updated to work with Advanced Edition yet, so it won't work properly. I'm a little surprised it runs at all =) For now you'll have to wait for find an old 1.5.3 copy of FTL to play it with. I'll likely be putting out an initial Balance Mod within the next couple weeks.

Improve game balance, fix bugs, and have more decisions: Twinge's Balance & Bugfix Mod
Erberor

Postby Erberor » Sun May 11, 2014 6:36 am

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned or not, but with this mod on, whenever I try to use any variant of the Federation cruiser, the game crashes. Instantly.
Twinge

Postby Twinge » Mon May 12, 2014 11:18 am

No mod will work with advanced edition properly until it's updated for it - too many things have changed. I'm surprised it even worked that much =) My current plan is to wait for the next official bugfix patch and then put out an initial version of a new AE Balance Mod shortly after.

Twinge

Postby Twinge » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:53 am

Advanced Edition Balance Mod posted: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26269