[Ships/Weapons/Drones/Events] Omicron Dynasty Updated 18/08

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
ChrisM1A2

Re: [Ships/Weapons/Drones/Events] Omicron Dynasty Updated 18

Postby ChrisM1A2 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:08 pm

Cool design and great idea. Name ideas: black market trader/dealer, I think something like "caravan" seems interesting. Omicron vendor ship. Omicron pirate broker. (Will look up more similar terms and add them.) normally I'm better with names. I think this is a really cool concept though, an interesting spin on the distress beacon "Lead us to our home. We'll patch you up and show you our wares." Or the slug vendor who more often then not boards you, but sometimes gives you fuel and opens a shop.
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:56 pm

Hm, i like the Omicron vendor ship name, black market trader doesnt seem to fit on the event, since the stuff you will buy / trade is regular stuff. The interesting thing about this distress event, unlike the vanilla ones, is that u will be able to buy stuff or trade it. You will be able to buy a crew member as well (but not trade it in this case xD, that feature will be available in the mercenary event, not this one ._. ).
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
ChrisM1A2

Postby ChrisM1A2 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:47 pm

Yeah, I didn't think black market would work really well, was just the only thing I could think of at the time. Hm, now I'm thinking of a ship from another game and "mobile trade platform" is stuck in my head. But yeah, this isn't so much a platform, so it would work well. I hope you can think of a better wording of vendor ship than I can. I thought of it, and yet I still feel like its lacking. Great idea for an event, and wonderful ship though. Vendor cruiser? Trade cruiser? Ooh, personally, I think trade cruiser sounds pretty good, and fits it well. But this is your mod, it's your choice. :D (So many words. :shock: )
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:44 am

The last enemy design, the Omicron Titan, the most powerful omicron ship you will see, only present in the omicron colonial sector. Defeating this enemy will translate in adquiring a new weapon, still not designed, as well as a great quantity of scrap and maybe other surprises. This design took me more work , but i think the final result is satisfactory ;)

ImageImage

Now, i will start working soon on the hard part, creating the ship files and the events (actually events are the hardest part, it may be a while until i can update the next release..).
ImageImage
ChrisM1A2

Postby ChrisM1A2 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:16 am

Holy coolness, that looks like it could tear the vanilla flagship to shreds and eat it for dinner. Also look like it could make one helluva super villain catamaran. Also, if it could be possible, I could try helping with events. Ive been making a few to test out different mechanics that are possible, and I feel fairly skilled. Nowhere near the level of the major modders, such as yourself, but I might be able to help. A tiny bit. Absolutely awesome work as always though, is the important part of this post.
Astapius542

Postby Astapius542 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:31 am

:shock: that ship just looks awesome cant wait too see how fast it tear's me apart. :lol: Also take your time with creating the events and all the new good stuff ;) since waiting for good stuff is always better than getting something not as good right now. :)
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:50 am

Thanks for offerin to aid with the events, i mean i can deal with them, its just sometimes they can be very painfull and the time you need to test them is really expensive. I dont think i will have any problems, the only event that will be tricky will be the one in the distress call, i hope the rest turns out smooth lol. Besides, i still need to design the new weapon, someting cool, i was thinking in a bomb type weapon. I will keep posting.

Btw, i consider myself right now an experienced event modder (after tons of headaches, of course..) and with the great error checker utility from KartoFlane they are less problematic than ever. But the biggest problem here is that i already have a really big events file and it is really tedious to keep filling it with new events lol.
ImageImage
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:28 pm

Hi guys, just passing by to say im still working on the last updates. My computer died 2 weeks ago and i just received my new pc today. So i will try to work in the mod the next days. I only have left the code and the ship creation of the last two events, plus the design of the new weapon. See u guys!
ImageImage
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:32 pm

Ouch, sucks your PC died. Nice to see you again, and best of luck with the mod. It's now becoming one of the more overlooked mods out there. Slightly unfair considering the amount of detail that went into it.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Astapius542

Postby Astapius542 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:08 pm

HEY! good too see you back! i have been waiting for your updates and was starting to get a little worried until i heard your coumputer broke down :lol: anyways always looking forward to you content