Balanced Arsenal Mod 1.2/1.12b

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
snowhusky5

Re: Balanced Arsenal Mod 1.12/1.12b

Postby snowhusky5 » Mon May 27, 2013 5:41 pm

What is that weapon in the picture, 6th from left to right (in between one of the autos and one of the heavies)? Because I have been playing ftl with this mod for a good amount of time, and I haven't seen it. However, I have been crashing occasionally, when I jump to a new beacon. I think it might be crashing my game whenever an enemy with it equipped appears. So if you can tell me its name, I can try setting its rarity to 0 and see if it stops crashing.

EDIT: nevermind, Just found the hull crusher in a shop. Works fine when equipped by me. So I wonder what it is thats crashing my game....
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon May 27, 2013 7:17 pm

Interestening... you might be onto something there. It's only now that I really do a lot of testing with the mod and I had one unexplainable crashes like that as well.

The weapon of question is the Hull Crusher Laser. Do you remember in which sectors the crashes happened? I got it as loot once and it worked as intended, but might cause crashes in enemy hands. No enemy weapons lists have the hull weapons in them so this might indicate that they are bugged in enemy hands. I don't think I ever encountered enemies with hull lasers in Vanilla, but I'm not sure.

If you want to test this you might also consider removing the weapon from the STANDARD_WEAPONS list first, cause I think that might be from where pirates draw their weapons. Although the vanilla hull lasers are on there too... they might be hardcoded to not appear on enemies for crash prevention? A lot of speculations here... As mentioned before, the weapon should work correctly for the player.

Sorry that this might have ruined your runs. :( This Info was really valuable though, cause It might indicate that the crashes don't originate from the other stuff I'm testing. So thanks for pointing that our. Let me know if you discover something. ;) I will try to fix that in the next update and in FTL Captains Edition.
ThePieman

Postby ThePieman » Thu May 30, 2013 9:52 pm

New FTL version, they've made Breach beams work. Just to let you know.
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Fri May 31, 2013 1:29 am

I didnt try this mod (i did time ago but i stop using it when i started modding), but i can tell that i suffered from similar crashes (random crashes when u enter in a shop, or when u are going to jump to a new beacon, etc) in my mods the cause was that for some weird reason, the game cant handle augmentations with rarity = 0 (for example if u want to make an augmentation only available in 1 ship, so u disable it on shops), or maybe more specific (in the end i didnt totally discover the cause of the crashes) u need to leave some augmentations available to be ready for events and shops. Now, i dunno if u have something similar in your mod (i dont think so), but if u do, try to change it. U could think this is almost stupid, but trust me i was about to lose my mind trying to figure it out, and in the end, instead of having augmentations with rarity = 0 i change it so the augmentations appeared on shops but with really high price. And suddenly, the crashes stoped.

Of course, a weapon wrong modded can cause a crash, if it is the object of an event or going to appear in a shop, for example.

Maybe it is or maybe not, just in case im telling you. ;)
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
Sleeper Service

Re: Balanced Arsenal Mod 1.2/1.12b

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:09 pm

Final version released. The mod is now part of the FTL Captains Edition mod compilation and will no longer be supported as a stand alone version. Balanced Arsenal now also contains the

Changelog:
-Contend: Drone Extension component added, adds eight new external drones (of which two are for defence) and four flavour variants of internal drones to even out probabilities
-Balanced Arsenal for Player Ships Addon updated to support the new drones
-Asteria missile launcher removed from standard weapon list, was not intended to be in pirate hands
-Hull weapons removed from standard weapon list, should fix crashes on enemy spawns
-Some spelling errors fixed
-Scythe Beams charge glow fixed
Scotty

Postby Scotty » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:22 pm

Hi Sleeper,
I know you have put all this into the Captains Mod, but I try to download the single Balanced Arsenal Mod 1.2
The dropbox Link on the first page (Download Version 1.2)
does not work anymore, can I grab the file somewhere else?

Thanks!
S.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:59 pm

Ooops that accidentally went to the archive when I cleaned up my dropbox. The link in the Op should work again now.
Scotty

Postby Scotty » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:36 pm

yep works now, thx a lot
Josh333

Postby Josh333 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:35 pm

Great Job ! I Really like how the design fits into the actual Game.
Chrono Vortex

Postby Chrono Vortex » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:49 am

Do you mind if I alter the art for one of the effectors to use in my own mod? I'll be sure to credit you.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage