[MOD] Corpses 2.1

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
dalolorn

Re: [MOD] Corpses 2.1

Postby dalolorn » Sat May 24, 2014 10:43 am

No, you cannot make the gibs dependent on anything in the ship. The most you can do is set the weapon mounts to attach to a certain gib, but nothing else.
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Thu May 29, 2014 4:48 am

So is sleeper going to integrate this into his mod? Someone said since this mod uses FTL assets its not really necessary to get permission. I already sent the mod author a PM so maybe he will get back to me so we can get the official go ahead. If sleeper doesn't want to add this mod to his, can someone please make a compatibility patch for the latest CE? I actually tried doing it myself but failed miserably... was left with a corrupt FTL file that crashed the game on startup.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu May 29, 2014 6:16 am

Not every mod needs to be part of CE.... CE isn't some community mod thing.

That aside, I think from memory this mod doesn't even work with FTL: Advance edition so that's problem 1 I assume.
it shouldn't effect anything ce has done.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Estel

Postby Estel » Fri May 30, 2014 9:03 am

R4V3-0N wrote:Not every mod needs to be part of CE.... CE isn't some community mod thing.

Huh? AFAIK, it is *exactly* that. Half of the thingas in CE are various mods by different people, integrated into one.

R4V3-0N wrote:That aside, I think from memory this mod doesn't even work with FTL: Advance edition so that's problem 1 I assume.
it shouldn't effect anything ce has done.

Even before AE, most CE upgrades were breaking compatibility with this mod. Integrating it into mainstream CE would get rid of that problem, but Sleepy doesn't seem to be interested, so, unless someone want to maintain it and keep an eyed for changes in CE (main be a PITA for someone who isn't CE's maintainer), it won't be playable (at least not for too long, even if it get upgraded again) :(

/Estel
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri May 30, 2014 1:02 pm

"mods other people made"

They are generally only minor graphical things, eg star's/ space. Recolors of ships (because sleeper can't do it all by himself and this is approx the same result but faster) with a few ship hulls by other people which is lore friendly, HD shields, and some other minor stuff from that point on.

Half the things from CE is made by others? I would say 5% is, the rest is just sleeper, you forget how big an image is compared to coding and how much of the stuff is original to sleeper.

I do not know how this interferes with CE though, it shouldn't, maybe it's your mod list order or something. Don't take this as me blaming it on you.

I will like to just say again that CE is just a project of Sleeper Service and he doesn't put everything into his mod because why not or what have you.

Sleeper already made a post about this somewhere but due to how busy he is on the forums that is like finding a needle in a hay stack....
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Fri May 30, 2014 1:51 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:I do not know how this interferes with CE though, it shouldn't, maybe it's your mod list order or something. Don't take this as me blaming it on you.

It's not compatible, because it replaces ships' layout.xml files completely to add the new gibs. This messes up the alignment of ship images, weapon mount positioning and such if you don't keep it up to date.

Technically you could use SMM's advanced tags to make this mod compatible with future versions of CE, but you still would need to have a separate .xml file (as well as gib images) for each layout, and add new files as CE expanded its _TB section.

Definitely feasible, but still kinda tedious...
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Sat May 31, 2014 12:10 am

Well kart I think im going to do some googling and see if I can get your suggestion working so I can make it compatible with CE. Im new to such things but im hopeful I can make at least some progress. IMO this mod just makes the game just that much more real. When a ship explodes it only makes sense to see a crew member or 2 getting sucked out of the destroyed vessel.
KoolTheKid

Postby KoolTheKid » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:13 pm

The position of the mantis corpses on some Mantis ships aren't correct. They appear partly protruding from the ship hull as it explodes.