[MOD] Corpses 2.1

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Estel

Re: [MOD] Corpses

Postby Estel » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:48 pm

harpuea wrote:Updated for compatibility with Captain Edition 1.02.

I am playing CE for a while, but I missed having enemies suffer and getting sucked into the vacuum of space. I mainly made this for my own personal sadistic satisfaction, but it never hurts to share.

Thanks a lot for this! lack of corpses since few Ce updates (it used to work in the past even with CE loaded as last) was bugging me for a while. I was just about to complain a little in CE thread about lost compatibility, when I noticed that you've released new version. Enjoying floating rebels again!

/Estel
harpuea

Re: [MOD] Corpses

Postby harpuea » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:09 am

Updated for Captain Edition 1.067 as of 11/20/2013.
Estel

Re: [MOD] Corpses 2.1

Postby Estel » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:39 pm

As per:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15663&&p=63773#p63773

...it seems, that Corpses 2.1 causes some serious problems with latest CE. Could you, please, update it again, to maintain compatibility with CE? Thanks!

/Estel
Sark

Postby Sark » Sun May 11, 2014 10:57 pm

Is this mod abandoned? I think the concept is awesome :(
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Sun May 11, 2014 11:17 pm

I was also curious if the OP will be updated. I love this mod and was using it with CE until it became outdated :(
Estel

Postby Estel » Wed May 14, 2014 4:56 pm

I suggest to start pestering SleeperService to integrate this mod into CE, permanently. After all, bigger things (like portraits for crew members) are getting integrated, and this thing here would be, practically, one-time job and it would remain, happily in CE forever, without much (if any) need for maintenance, AFAIK.

After all, if more people request it, there is a chance ;)

/Estel
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Wed May 14, 2014 9:02 pm

Estel wrote:I suggest to start pestering SleeperService to integrate this mod into CE, permanently. After all, bigger things (like portraits for crew members) are getting integrated, and this thing here would be, practically, one-time job and it would remain, happily in CE forever, without much (if any) need for maintenance, AFAIK.

After all, if more people request it, there is a chance ;)

/Estel

No offence, but not every single modmaker wants their mod to be part of CE.
I mean no disrespect to Sleeper Service, of course, but mods that get integrated into CE don't always get the credit they deserve- it mostly goes to Sleeper Service and CE.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed May 14, 2014 9:25 pm

Yeah that might be true and I'm not too happy with that. Any suggestion how that could be improved? I try to give visibility to the assets of other people that are included in the mod. They are all listed in the OP and such. I guess the people that contributed could also appear on the title screen... maybe that should happen from the next release onwards.

Although the discussion here did not revolve around actual integration, more around a compatibility patch. I never integrate any assets that I don't have the permission for and obviously there is no real way the author will give permission for this mod, so real integration is out of the question here anyway.
Estel

Postby Estel » Thu May 15, 2014 12:40 am

It would be quite hard anyway, as the mods contains actual copyrighted FTL content just "pasted" into gibs - no actual idea what could be author's copyright, then ;) From license point of view, all mods that use FTL content (i.e. - all FTL mods in existence) must allow derivative works just the same way as vanilla FTL allows *any* mods to be created, without asking anyone about their opinion/permission.

Of course, I understand, that the whole "asking" stuff is not about legal consequences, but a good manner. Speaking of which, I'm really surprised that someone think that authors of mods integrated into CE doesn't get enough credits - in fact, I haven't seen so good and comprehensive credit acknowledgment in *any* other FTL mod, even putting aside the raw size and momentum of CE.

Last but not least, I wouldn't speak for others - no bad blood, but that sounded almost personal - like English Narwal is mod author here, which isn't the case, until I missed something.

/Estel
KoolTheKid

Postby KoolTheKid » Sat May 24, 2014 2:32 am

Is it possible to make the corpses the ACTUAL crew that was in that ship?