CCS-Class Battlecruiser

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
FrostWyrmWraith

CCS-Class Battlecruiser

Postby FrostWyrmWraith » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:35 am

Here it is, the first mod I've decided is ready for sharing. The Covenant battlecruiser featured heavily in the Halo series! It starts with a slug and two engi, and replaces the slug cruiser. It also adds the plasma torpedo to the game. It requires two power and has a fairly long charge up, but does two damage and is pretty much guaranteed to cause fires. I've play tested it extensively and the shields fit, the rooms match their positions and have glows, etc. It does, unfortunately, lack gibs- I do not think I have the skills to pull off gibs without making them look horrible, so some blank images will have to do.

You can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/itkcau06jhftopl/ccs.ftl

And here are some screenshots. Sorry, but you'll have to download them since I shared through dropbox. D:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h3wy3ocij4mrhmm/CCS.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ldar4d62qtxn9d3/CCS2.jpg

Tell me if there is anything wrong and I'll get it fixed ASAP.

I'll probably be sharing the Galactica and Pegasus next, so watch for that. They'll have KEW batteries and Vipers- I'm just working out the kinks at the moment. Enjoy!
UltraMantis

Re: CCS-Class Battlecruiser

Postby UltraMantis » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:08 am

Sexy! :D
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
nataryeahbuddy

Postby nataryeahbuddy » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:50 pm

When is the modpack going to be done? Looking good.
My most popular mod! Over 290 Downloads!
Advanced Weapons and Shields!
My second most popular mod! Over 240 Downloads!
Advanced Battle Systems!
An awesome ship with custom graphics and two new weapons!
F-22A Raptor for FTL
FrostWyrmWraith

Postby FrostWyrmWraith » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:12 pm

What modpack are you referring to? If you mean the Battlestars, I released those in a separate thread. If you're asking about more Halo ships, I'm considering making a few of those but there's no time table on it as of yet.
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:14 pm

Nice good looking but u should change the engines room and make it 2x2 at most, cuz air vent will not work correctly in 3x3 rooms.. only 2x2, 2x1, 1x2 rooms are supported as far as i know..
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:00 pm

speedoflight wrote:Nice good looking but u should change the engines room and make it 2x2 at most, cuz air vent will not work correctly in 3x3 rooms.. only 2x2, 2x1, 1x2 rooms are supported as far as i know..

It will work, but the bottom two squares of the room will not be covered by the strips as they are only 2x2 squares in size. You could paint the system room floor to make that part of the room non-transparent. The glitch would be less noticable. Room really looks good in this size, i hope you keep it.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
FrostWyrmWraith

Postby FrostWyrmWraith » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:17 am

I'll leave the room as is. I was aware it wouldn't display correctly when I designed the room- I like the large engine room enough to ignore the incorrect zero atmosphere display, which doesn't bother me all that much.