[MOD] The Buffalo

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
EchoesofOld

[MOD] The Buffalo

Postby EchoesofOld » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:27 pm

PLEASE NOTE:
I have discovered that you can NOT load my ships simultaneously. I dont know WHAT causes this, but im looking into it.

This ship is an unarmed vessel that relies on its cloak to survive. Two things worth noting, this is my first ship (So take it easy), and if there's a glaring problem you dont like, the beta's been open for almost a week now, I dont wanna hear it! :lol: (For the record, I'm joking when I say this. If you see a bug, point it out asap!)

CREDITS:
Gratuitous Space Battles for the artwork
Ginger Dragon for discovering the demon airlock

NOTE: The ship is a little wonky on placement, so I'll need to fix that sometime to center it more on screen

Version 1.1 replaces the Engi A, and the soon-to-come Variant B will replace the Engi B.

If you make a YouTube video using this ship, Lemme know so I can watch it and post a link on this thread!

The Buffalo, Mk I (I'll post an in-game shot when I can get one)
Buffalo Mk II.JPG

Downloads:
The Buffalo, Variant A (v1.1)

Check out these YouTube videos featuring the Buffalo:
Ginger Dragon's LP: (With the broken v1.0)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhFSTMDFk4c
Bren Tenkage

Statistics:

Hull Points: 30

Max Power: 7

Crew:
1 Human
1 Zoltan
1 Engi
1 Rock

Systems:
Engines, Level 4
Medbay, Level 1
Cloaking, Level 1
Oxygen, Level 1
Teleport (4 Man), Level 1
Weapons, Level 1

Sub-Systems:
Sensors, Level 2
Pilot, Level 1

Augments:
Adv. FTL Navigation
Long-Range Sensors
Last edited by EchoesofOld on Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:53 am, edited 7 times in total.
The Rebel Flagship: The only ship to make the DemonStar look like a pansy.

Be ye wary of the ship with the demon airlock...
Ginger Dragon

Re: [MOD] The Buffalo

Postby Ginger Dragon » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:58 pm

All you have to do to get rid of the engine glow is not use the name "Kestrel" for your images and layout files. For example, for the playthrough I'm gonna be recording right now,I changed all of the "kestrel"s to "Buffalo"s. You'll see the results in an hour or 2.
Check out my youtube channel. I do FTL mod playthroughs, as well as all kinds of other assorted games.
http://www.youtube.com/user/GingerDragon87?feature=mhee
EchoesofOld

Postby EchoesofOld » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:28 pm

Ginger Dragon wrote:All you have to do to get rid of the engine glow is not use the name "Kestrel" for your images and layout files. For example, for the playthrough I'm gonna be recording right now,I changed all of the "kestrel"s to "Buffalo"s. You'll see the results in an hour or 2.

Sweet deal! I'll modify those files and re-upload the file.

Ginger Dragon

Postby Ginger Dragon » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:55 pm

EchoesofOld wrote:and if there's a glaring problem you dont like, the beta's been open for almost a week now, I dont wanna hear it! :lol:

This is either a lie and your just lazy, or you had some HORRIBLE beta testers. The every single "airlock" has a physical connection with other rooms. Telling your pilot to go to the cloak or oxygen room will have him go through the airlock and walk straight to the room. The same thing happens when you tell him to go from cloak or O2 to the engine room and vica-versa. Also, opening up the airlocks doesn't remove the oxygen from the room.

Overall though, the mod is very fun and enjoyable. I just hope you go back on your "I don't want to hear about bugs" statement.

Here's a video demonstrating these glitches in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UrcCn6L ... e=youtu.be
Last edited by Ginger Dragon on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my youtube channel. I do FTL mod playthroughs, as well as all kinds of other assorted games.
http://www.youtube.com/user/GingerDragon87?feature=mhee
EchoesofOld

Postby EchoesofOld » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:18 pm

Ginger Dragon wrote:
EchoesofOld wrote:and if there's a glaring problem you dont like, the beta's been open for almost a week now, I dont wanna hear it! :lol:

This is either a lie and your just lazy, or you had some HORRIBLE beta testers. The every single "airlock" has a physical connection with other rooms. Telling your pilot to go to the cloak or oxygen room will have him go through the airlock and walk straight to the room. The same thing happens when you tell him to go from cloak or O2 to the engine room and vica-versa. Also, opening up the airlocks doesn't remove the oxygen from the room.

Overall though, the mod is very fun and enjoyable. I just hope you go back on your "I don't want to hear about bugs" statement.

...Yeah, if Oxygen isnt draining, that's a problem that needs fixing. And I'll see if there's enough hull space to insert a dedicated airlock.

EchoesofOld

Postby EchoesofOld » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:20 pm

And for the record, that ^ is a total joke. (And was also aimed at starting power/system balance.)

DryEagle

Postby DryEagle » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:01 pm

I would suggest you properly credit where the art comes from- the game Gratuitous Space Battles.
All ships I have created include custom weapons, graphics etc:
ImageImageImageImage
EchoesofOld

Postby EchoesofOld » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:07 pm

DryEagle wrote:I would suggest you properly credit where the art comes from- the game Gratuitous Space Battles.

Good call. A LOT of stuff is falling between the cracks with this ship... -__-

EchoesofOld

Postby EchoesofOld » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:11 pm

Alright, I've FINALLY gotten this ship to work right. I still have no idea how the airlocks slipped through the cracks during TWO WEEKS of playtesting...

RECONmarine2579

Postby RECONmarine2579 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:48 am

HOLY SHIZZZZZZ
I was going to upload the EXACT SAME MOD
Like seriously I have the exact same image,name,room layout that is CRAZZY
I would've uploaded it a long time ago but I was having porblems with ftldat and you beat me to it lol