[MOD] Incursor Cruiser (v0.9c)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
FtDLulz

Re: [MOD] Incursor Cruiser (v0.9c)

Postby FtDLulz » Sun May 11, 2014 5:52 pm

This reminds me most of the Prometheans from Halo 4.

And I lovvvvve it.
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:06 pm

Still no AE update... Ley Sigh :'(
superarmandbros

Postby superarmandbros » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:06 am

Did a couple of test runs with this mod, and here is my feedback: :D
-The ship looks superb, and so do the weapons. I don't think the aesthetics should be changed at all.
-The Arc Beam needed no improvement. It is perfect.
-I found the Bollide Ion Rocket not very necessary, and I barely used it. I felt like it was just an Ion Blast Cannon, but which needed a missile.
-The Sunfury Rotary Cannon and the Aurora Mass Cannon were too similar for me in battle. Here's why:
*Let's say I was in a battle with an enemy ship with a relatively high shield level. I need to pierce those shields. I have at my disposal either the Sunfury Rotary Cannon or the Aurora Mass Cannon. Each require a missile, so I wouldn't be wasting more resources on the other. The SRC (Sunfury Rotary Cannon) would pierce the shields and damage them, but so would the AMS (Aurora Mass Cannon). So ultimately, it would be a random pick between the two since the outcome is the same.
-The biggest problem I had was the number of missiles at my disposal. I would run out very shortly, so I would be very dependant on my Arc Beam to wreak havoc inside the enemy's ship. All of my pit stops were to buy more missiles, and it soon got very tedious spending my single last remaining missile on the SRC or AMC to break the shields, so my Arc Beam could destroy the systems. It was especially hard with Automated Ships, since there is no oxygen for fire. I had to eventually use a drone strategy to get to sector 8. And when I got to the Flagship, I got a serious beating from the first 2 fights due to my lack of missiles. The only reason I won the fight was because the game gave me a Burst Laser Mark III (out of pity). If it weren't for that weapon, I would have died miserably. The point is, there aren't enough missiles.
-And then there are the minor bugs, like the ship being off-centered in game and in the hangar, and the rooms not matching the doors (i.e. there would be a computer by the doorway).
-Apart from these flaws with the ship, I had an overall great experience with it and I'm looking forward to it when it will be finally 100% complete.

Hope the feedback was helpful.
Cheers,
Armand
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:55 am

Definitely helpful. Some of those things have been fixed in the (as of yet unreleased) update.

As to the difference between the SRAC and AMC, it's the number of shots. AMC bundles all its damage into one shot, so if it hits, it hits hard. But it's a poor choice against enemies with higher evasion (later in the game), when all-or-nothing cannons stand a fair chance of missing - and as you point out, the missile dependency makes that an even riskier prospect.
I think I may have bumped the starting missile count up a bit as well, but I'm fairly certain I stated elsewhere already, the Archon doesn't actually start with all these for Incursion. It's more of a showcase / test run deal.
Farious

Postby Farious » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:27 pm

Hey Kieve! I LOVE your mod but there's an issue. The placement of the ship is off centre. Also a question, are we ever going to see this updated? It was last updated in 2012! Anyway, like I said love your mods, but would like to see more progression in this one.
L'cie

Postby L'cie » Fri May 29, 2015 1:17 am

So is this AE compatible?
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:24 pm

IS THIS THING STILL ALIVE
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016