[MOD] Event Assistant

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
ValdorianAlt2

[MOD] Event Assistant

Postby ValdorianAlt2 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:12 pm

A modification to make the result of events more evident and transparent.
I haven't added notes to all events, only for critical events.
Have fun!

New version 1.1 (31/03/2016): http://www.mediafire.com/download/zy63o ... istant.ftl

Changelog 1.1:
- Added some missing events
- Overhauled some events
- Added requirements for some quests

Last edited by ValdorianAlt2 on Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
ValdorianAlt2

Re: [MOD] Event Assistant

Postby ValdorianAlt2 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:46 pm

I noticed a problem in the "Crushed Pirate" event. (http://ftl.wikia.com/wiki/Crushed_Pirate)

I wasn't aware that "autoreward 'MED'" can include weapons; and that the first option can cause hull damage. I see only "system damage" in the events.xml file. Well, I'm not an expert. : D

The next issue is in the event "The Engi Virus" (http://ftl.wikia.com/wiki/The_Engi_Virus). The note at the blue option warn you that you will lose an Engi crewmember, but I didn't wrote that you get "Virus" with full skills after the fight which makes the blue option the best choice.

I'll upload a new version in the next days, which will fix it. When you notice more problems, please tell me, so that I can fix that too.
MC3craze

Postby MC3craze » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:31 pm

Don't you think this mod is kind of redundant? Most people who still browse this forum and play this game are seasoned veterans by now. As well as this taking a lot of the fun out of early game experiences for new players.
ValdorianAlt2

Postby ValdorianAlt2 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:20 pm

MC3craze wrote:Don't you think this mod is kind of redundant? Most people who still browse this forum and play this game are seasoned veterans by now. As well as this taking a lot of the fun out of early game experiences for new players.

New player shouldn't use this mod (well, it's their own decision), and it's just a comfort function for veteran players. I made this first and foremost for myself, but I see no reason why I shouldn't share it here.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:02 am

MC3craze wrote:Don't you think this mod is kind of redundant? Most people who still browse this forum and play this game are seasoned veterans by now. As well as this taking a lot of the fun out of early game experiences for new players.

I like it. I've been playing FTL for over 2 years and I still can't remember what every event does.

I used this mod in an upcoming episode of my LP series, and it actually helped me remember something so kudos to the author!
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:45 pm

When you are accepting a quest, a tip about prepping for the eventual quest end would be useful. For example, "You may want L2 doors before completing this!"
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Klokinator

Postby Klokinator » Wed May 27, 2015 11:01 pm

Can I make a request? Can you make a version of this that only details specific actions? For example, when there's an event where you have to give up a crewmember (Like slavers demanding one of your crewman), can the event specify which crewmember has to leave, by name and race?

I don't want all the parts of this mod. I don't want to now what each event will specifically do, I just want to be able to make more informed decisions when it comes to crewmember tradeoff moments. And for events where it says "Welcome him aboard" to a new crewman but doesn't specify what race said crewman is, I'd love it if the event did specify it.

Thanks!
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu May 28, 2015 12:23 am

Klokinator wrote:Can I make a request? Can you make a version of this that only details specific actions? For example, when there's an event where you have to give up a crewmember (Like slavers demanding one of your crewman), can the event specify which crewmember has to leave, by name and race?

Not possible via game mechanics BUUUUTTT... it is possible to tailor a crew loss event specific to the alien. There is an event where you can have your Lanius crew help a construction crew out and the Lanius is lost specifically.

So what could be done is that if given a choice to lose a crew, it can be decided via blue event. "Hand over the Human" "Hand over the Mantis."

If you have more than one, you might lose the important crew, but at least you're not losing your Crystal to space BS.
Why modmakers haven't done that yet? Probably because it's a huge undertaking to make specific losses for all events. But it'd be nice to only lose the foolish meatsacks during a plague because you swapped out the medical facilities for a cloning facility.
ValdorianAlt2

Postby ValdorianAlt2 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:07 am

New version 1.1 (31/03/2016):

- Added some missing events
- Overhauled some events
- Added requirements for some quests
susan_moonshadow

Postby susan_moonshadow » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:03 pm

I'm still fairly new to the game but I believe I've found a bug with this mod related to the Ancient Device quest.

I found the stasis pod.
I took the damaged stasis pod to the zoltans to get scanned, Ruwen popped out.
I looked around to see if I was able to sell this damaged stasis pod augment now that I have the person out, and still be able to complete the quest. It seems that the pod was supposed to be removed from my ship automatically though?

Going to keep and see if I can get another Ruwen, but it would still be extra scrap you weren't supposed to get so probably worth looking into?

The other mods I'm using should just be cosmetic stuff so I don't think it was them but here's what I have enabled https://imgur.com/RkGOhMg.png