Our apologies for not updating the site recently. After the Kickstarter ended, we started a pretty serious crunch-mode to prepare for our upcoming closed beta. The workload is easing up as we move into testing so we’ll try to provide you with more frequent updates.
FTL is really coming together at this point. A lot has been improved since the old demo and there are more changes than we could easily list. So for now here are some of the highlights:
- The core game structure is functional with branching paths; varying types of sectors; unique alien specific sectors; and the final sector including (the incredibly hard) boss.
- There are currently 5 playable ships with more on the way. They each have their own layout, load-out, crew arrangement and require unique strategies.
- The “hangar bay” allows you view your unlocked ships as well as name your ship and crew for the current mission.
- Six alien races including ships and crew that have unique traits.
- A dynamic music system that provides seamless transitions between ambient and subtle tracks for exploration and more intense and energetic tracks for battle.
- Tons of new events; lots of new weapons, drones and equipment; improved UI; and many more improvements!
We will post some more screenshots and other changes in the coming days.